Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got the new GT/CS rear bumper installed and well it looks awesome but there is only one issue. The bottom of the bumper around the exhaust is touching the muffler itself, not the tips but the actual muffler casing. I will be fixing that by undoing the exhaust and moving the over axle pipe forward thus moving the muffler off the bumper. My question is though, will the heat from the muffler melt the bumper any or should I be OK until the weekend when I can get this all fixed?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Well, I finally got the new GT/CS rear bumper installed and well it looks awesome but there is only one issue. The bottom of the bumper around the exhaust is touching the muffler itself, not the tips but the actual muffler casing. I will be fixing that by undoing the exhaust and moving the over axle pipe forward thus moving the muffler off the bumper. My question is though, will the heat from the muffler melt the bumper any or should I be OK until the weekend when I can get this all fixed?
I would fix it asap. There is def a chance of it melting it if they are touching.

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
i have the exact same issue with my the rear bumper on my Saleen, I have been running the car for quite some time with no problem as of yet. Exhaust is getting reworked in a few weeks though, just for piece of mind! I say you should be fine just don't push it to crazy long..

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
There is a chance of it melting, but I wouldn't worry too much till the weekend. Just try not to run the car for too long.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drive 24 miles round trip to and from work and thats all the driving it will see until its fixed. I knew that the drivers side tip was sticking out about 3/4" farther then the other side but never had the need to fix it. I guess I do now. So hopefully there will be no melting in 50 miles of driving over the next 2 days. Was totally not expecting to come across this, but even if it does melt a little, it in an area where no one can see unless they get down and under the car.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sure hope so. I will be putting the car up in the air on Saturday so we will see. I just don't like knowing that the bottom edge of the bumper is actually touching the muffler casing. It makes me very uneasy.

Up next is getting that Cervini's Type III chin spoiler on there :D.

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
Definitely one of my favorite chin spoilers out there! Im buying the C-Series Bumper or I would be getting that spoiler myself

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wasn't really wanting to replace the entire bumper, so once I saw that chin spoiler I had to have it. Can't wait to get everything on there and see what she looks like.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I got to work this morning and the area where the bumper is touching the muffler is not really even hot. Big relief, but I am still going to fix this issue as it still bugs me that its touching.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts