Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 98 gt and i can't make up my mind on which exhasut i should put on it. Im thinking SLP loudmouth 2 or borla.

·
Registered
748 Posts
if its going to be LM2 then id say SLP. i dont like the tips on the borla. sounds great, but IMO the tips could be different.

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
flowmasters with o/r h or x will give you that deep sound, IMO i dont like the LM2, they are really high pitched and raspy

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
ya same here i have magnaflow they do give u a nice deep sounds not to mention good hp boost cause of its straight thru design

·
Registered
189 Posts
Check my sig...Sounds deep, but not blow your eardrums out loud. Sounds real nice between 3500-4500.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
flowmaster 40s with a MAC O/R prochamber is one of the best deepest sounding exhaust youll ever get, stingers from borla are nice but im not a fan of straight thru desing mufflers, i dont like the way loudmouths sound, magnaflows not bad but far from the best sound out there, off road x or off road prochamber with flows will give you the best sound in my book

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
flowmaster 40s with a MAC O/R prochamber is one of the best deepest sounding exhaust youll ever get, stingers from borla are nice but im not a fan of straight thru desing mufflers, i dont like the way loudmouths sound, magnaflows not bad but far from the best sound out there, off road x or off road prochamber with flows will give you the best sound in my book
i agree magnaflows arn't the loudest but think they are the best for performance

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
cant say for performance, but im also not one for the sound, if your cars not heavily modded or in need of the best flowing exhaust on the market, id focus more on sound if i were you, i wouldnt put a fart cans on a 9 second drag stang if i got a few more horses out of it, the best part of exhaust on stangs is being able to completely maniuplate the sound of it, i say the prochamber and 40s or a x and 40s and you will absoluetly love hearing the thing

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
cant say for performance, but im also not one for the sound, if your cars not heavily modded or in need of the best flowing exhaust on the market, id focus more on sound if i were you, i wouldnt put a fart cans on a 9 second drag stang if i got a few more horses out of it, the best part of exhaust on stangs is being able to completely maniuplate the sound of it, i say the prochamber and 40s or a x and 40s and you will absoluetly love hearing the thing
ya got a point
guess its all personal preference
i just like it cause it seemed like after i got them on my car was breathing alot easier and i liked how it was straight thru and that it relies more on the engine for the sound i think.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
IMO youd be alot happier with flows or bassani, both have absolutely amazing sound, throw a prochamber or x pipe and some flows or bassani on your car and youll be happy, very happy, magnaflows due sound pretty decent just not as good IMO, magnapacks were ruined for me when i heard them on a 5.0, the kid had flowmaster 40s on it with a off road H, he then switched to magnapacks, and i thought it sounded badass, he then started working nights so he put the flows on because they were quiter and he didnt feel like disturbing everyone, and it was then i relized how much better the flows sounded then the magnapacks, if you ever buy new mufflers, take video and take a mental note of how it sound before and then after, videos the best way to tell which sound you really liked better, thats what i did on a few of my cars and it made me relize after putting a new exhaust on which one i liked better, the new exhaust always seemed to sound better to me(majority of the time) but when i compared both right in front of me, i relized which one actually sounded better

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
i totally agree....flows with h or x pipe...or look into those prochambers i dont know much about them but i hear great about them.

·
KCCO
14,878 Posts
i have the magnaflow x pipe and catback and love the sound. i would suggest going to streetfire.com and listening to someof the clips over there and see what you like

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
i have a bbk o/r x with flow 40 race mufflers and dumps... quite loud i must add

1 - 20 of 21 Posts