Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my GT Front End a week or two ago and right now its sitting in my garage. I already have fog lights and the bulbs and switch so thats not a concern. I was wondering if i will need any additional hardware to hook it up. Also i was wondering what price range i would be looking at to have this bumper sanded and painted. Its grabber orange and i need it black. Who has already done this that can give me some advice, suggestions, or tips. This is gonna be my first project of the summer.

·
Registered
584 Posts
You have the PP right? If so you don't need the wiring harness (be glad you don't). You need the GT fender liners also. Some people say you also need the radiator deflector, some don't. I didn't bother and haven't had any issues.

All in all it's a pretty easy swap. There's quite a few how-tos so look around and any questions feel free to ask

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i didnt need anything but the bumper and grills. the fender liners will look better but arent necessary and its not noticeable. it took me about an hour

oh and as far as cost to have it painted. id say about 200

·
Registered
35 Posts
Whats the point of the new front end? Ive seen a lot of people doing lately

·
Registered
584 Posts
Whats the point of the new front end? Ive seen a lot of people doing lately
Looks. I think it looks a lot better than the V6 because it doesn't have the indent for the license plate plus there's more options as far as grilles and chin spoilers

·
Registered
55 Posts
I work in a body shop and painting it shouldn't be done for more than $300 including labor.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright cool the only reason i want the fender wall is because i dont want mud, water, and snow flying into my front bumper all the time. But i dont even know where to get the gt fender walls i looked. I already have the lights and stuff thats not an issue. SeanAdams, when you paint bumpers do you do it with the bumper on or off the car i was wondering that. And the v6 bumper sucks so bad i have the gt500 rear bumper it looks good with the stock side skirts and then when you get to that higher, round bumper it just sucks and looks stupid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts