1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok at my school theres 2 4.6 sohc guys one an 04 the other 01
both are dumb as balls

but the 01 we're doing exhaust, BBK shorties, and underdrive pulleys

i know the shorties is a booo. and i told him. just like his aluminum driveshaft combo with a billet steel flywheel instead of aluminum :confused:

anyway we're doing his headers and first let me say WOW i knew it was a pita but not like this. i told him we'd have to lift the motor....just like with the LTs and that the only reason he didnt wana get LTs lol so we ended up lifting the motor anyway after i gave him hell about it:D

but point blank the passenger side is still a bastard to get out just the stock manifold. is there any trick?
the drivers side was a breeze. after i tell the guy in the 04 to move i knocked it out in about 45min.

passenger we lifted the motor about an inch-maybe 2. and removed the starter
i think its off now,idk i left early and we cant work on it til wed. any tricks on getting the new ones in

and the ud pulleys im sure wont be any surprises looks easy and spacy enough for me
ive done em on a V6 before
this pulley looks easier. thats about the only thing that looks easier to do on GT so far

btw hes got bbk shorties. pypes X o/r pipe and slp2 loudmouths.
i'll try to get a clip when its done
just wanted to know if theyres any tricks
and if the shorties vs longtubes also...
how much difference on you guy's motor is it roughly

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
you do not have to lift the engine to get to the exhaust...even on longtubes you dont not have to lift the engine....oh did i mention you do not have to lift the engine...i hope you disconnected the driveshaft before you did that.

You do have to remove the front k member to do the swap. Removing the k member will make your job much easier...there is a good write up somewhere in here, but i'm lazy and dont feel like looking it up.

As for the udp's...if you have to pull the crank pulley make sure its in gear if its a manual..if its an auto you either have to use a good air tool or block the flywheel.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
whenn i swapped mine i didnt raise the motor or drop the k, i used those sockets that dig in to the bolt and soaked them with wd-40 overnight, and using those aftermarket studs, i cant remember what there called, make life better the next time you change anything out

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
true you do not have to remove the k member, it is not a mandatory thing....but if you like having bloody knuckles and cursing a bunch then dont remove it. Removing the k member just makes the install much easier.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
true you do not have to remove the k member, it is not a mandatory thing....but if you like having bloody knuckles and cursing a bunch then dont remove it. Removing the k member just makes the install much easier.
oh yea no doubt makes it alot easier, the more **** you can get out of the way the easier, and raising the motor can **** **** up if you raise it to much and put pressure on the wrong ****

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
an inch is enough to mess up your degree angle on the rear end...cant remember the exact termenology, but there is a negative 1 degree at the rear end yoke....they say your not even supposed to lift the back end by the pumpkin.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
yea chris iv seen some of your post and you know your ****, im sure you would know if something was breaking, but were just saying, and dude iv also seen that about the rear end, i think it was on here, or some other mustang site

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so when you driving daily and go over a speed bump what do you think happens when you move up and down?

idk where you heard that but i find that FALSE
even alldata says the pumpkin is a lift point on the car
as well as haynes

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea chris iv seen some of your post and you know your ****, im sure you would know if something was breaking, but were just saying, and dude iv also seen that about the rear end, i think it was on here, or some other mustang site
oh im not trying to start anything but im simply saying the motor is literally about an inch off.

theres other problems he has to worry about lol
hes pissed because while taking the EGR off i bent the tube a little cause it twisted with it

i was like wtf bro you couldnt break the nut loose so i did and that resulted. its not even that bad

but he uses fram oil filter and bosch plugs on his car. and does **** backwards like the flywheel and drive shaft combo

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
so when you driving daily and go over a speed bump what do you think happens when you move up and down?

idk where you heard that but i find that FALSE
even alldata says the pumpkin is a lift point on the car
as well as haynes
good point, ill try to find the page if i can, the guy that wrote the page said he has been lifting at the pumpkin for years and its never ****ed anything up

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
oh im not trying to start anything but im simply saying the motor is literally about an inch off.

theres other problems he has to worry about lol
hes pissed because while taking the EGR off i bent the tube a little cause it twisted with it

i was like wtf bro you couldnt break the nut loose so i did and that resulted. its not even that bad

but he uses fram oil filter and bosch plugs on his car. and does **** backwards like the flywheel and drive shaft combo
man i almost broke my ****ing hand trying to break that nut loose

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Honestly i'm also skeptical about the not lifting on the pumpkin...i just try not to do it cause its widely reported not to do it.

As far as hitting a speed bump...yeah sure you are lifting the rear end up x amount...but you are using your suspension to make the rear end travel said distance vs lfiting at the center and taking the suspension out of play.

As far as EGR goes...its just a metal tube, you can bend it however you want as long as you dont crack it...if you do crack it, just block it and use an xcal to turn of the circuit.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
man i almost broke my ****ing hand trying to break that nut loose
tell me about it
there was no big pipe to stick on the wrench either
so i was like f**k it knuckle buster here i come
pretty much punch the tranny. i just walk out from under the lift and just said **** alot til i felt better :)
and shook my hand loose and said f**kin pos GT couple times :D
hopefully i can get some videos of me vs him when my clutch is broken in

hes got aluminum driveshaft. 4.10s, K&N filter if you wana add that lol, then his headers and pulleys

it'll probably be a cake walk for me but i have to shut both them up for talking ****...
they didnt know my car was turbo'd so when i trailor'd it to the shop to do the tranny, and saw my bumper off and the intercooler i just saw :eek:...and one guy said ok...maybe you did beat the GTO

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Honestly i'm also skeptical about the not lifting on the pumpkin...i just try not to do it cause its widely reported not to do it.

As far as hitting a speed bump...yeah sure you are lifting the rear end up x amount...but you are using your suspension to make the rear end travel said distance vs lfiting at the center and taking the suspension out of play.

As far as EGR goes...its just a metal tube, you can bend it however you want as long as you dont crack it...if you do crack it, just block it and use an xcal to turn of the circuit.
tell me about it...thats what i told him
$12 for the egr plate and nut to block it. he was flipping **** like a little girl :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
tell me about it
there was no big pipe to stick on the wrench either
so i was like f**k it knuckle buster here i come
pretty much punch the tranny. i just walk out from under the lift and just said **** alot til i felt better :)
and shook my hand loose and said f**kin pos GT couple times :D
hopefully i can get some videos of me vs him when my clutch is broken in

hes got aluminum driveshaft. 4.10s, K&N filter if you wana add that lol, then his headers and pulleys

it'll probably be a cake walk for me but i have to shut both them up for talking ****...
they didnt know my car was turbo'd so when i trailor'd it to the shop to do the tranny, and saw my bumper off and the intercooler i just saw :eek:...and one guy said ok...maybe you did beat the GTO
yea people talk **** about sixers until a FI 6er walks the dog on them

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea people talk **** about sixers until a FI 6er walks the dog on them
well cause most guys that own v6s are pretty ricer

plus ive walked in the mod forums some times
seems like it takes the same for a GT to be faster
n/a they're slow
same with v6s
takes boost to wake them and s/c v6s are pretty slow IMO
turbo ftw

but on the 2v GT i say novi or another centri blower ftw on it:cool:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
well cause most guys that own v6s are pretty ricer

plus ive walked in the mod forums some times
seems like it takes the same for a GT to be faster
n/a they're slow
same with v6s
takes boost to wake them and s/c v6s are pretty slow IMO
turbo ftw

but on the 2v GT i say novi or another centri blower ftw on it:cool:
yea i want to KB my 02 gt, about 6psi, nothing crazy, then mabey oneday forge the internals, and dump bout 12 psi and see what itll do, but thats down the road

1 - 20 of 21 Posts