Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to convert a GT into a cobra? if so how much would it cost?

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
thd hood and front bumper look sick IMO....if i dont get a cobra r hood im definitly getting sn95 cobra hood...and front bumper....

·
Registered
962 Posts
a HUGE waste of money, sell the gt for 5k, buy a cobra for 7-8k... or else u will spend 2500-3k on the motor, and another 1k on body mods w/ paint... just of a fake car that didnt increase in value at all...

·
Registered
962 Posts
^ thankyou
just wanted to go into detail about why it was a waste, i knew you already said it was though :cool:

this thread can /close now that the answer has been revealed before any new guys come in and try to explain why they dont think its a waste...

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
i will also say 03/04 cobra drivetrain in a V6 with V6 badging, and ground effects = PIMP.

V6 insurance, and leaves people guessing when you hand them their ass.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i basically just want the 305 stock HP... i just want a cobra engine.. nothing else really..

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
there are cheaper ways to get the power.

PI conversion with ported heads, cams, and full bolt on's is over 300RWHP which is more than the 305BHP of the cobra motor. 96-98 cobra's typically make about 245ish RWHP so you would be ahead 55RWHP

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
dc1515 can ur sig look a little similar to mine....u ass...now im going to have to change mine...god dammit....lol....like king said...PI swap is more practical then doing the engine swap...unless you work on the cobra engine...then of course it would be worth it...but you said you just want stock 305...which isnt anything special

1 - 20 of 29 Posts