Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a pair of side scoops on CL off an 03 GT for $100... Supposed to be in "perfect" conditioned... Primed with the inserts and hardware to install them (if there are any).... Should I go for it? Good deal? .....or should I just get some 3.5" tips with my $120 from V8POWA!?! lol

I was thinking about getting the scoops since these are harder to come by on CL. ........compared to the tips that I could always order from somewhere...

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Check on ebay and see what they're going to for there. I know you can get V6 sidescoops for like $20 each on there and they're usually painted a factory color. If you can't find them on there, I'd say go ahead and pick up the CL ones. $100 isn't too bad.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
i bought a set for my last v6 for $100...realized i didn't like them and put the v6 ones back on and resold the scoops...depends on if your going for the sleek look or the beefy wide look

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check on ebay and see what they're going to for there. I know you can get V6 sidescoops for like $20 each on there and they're usually painted a factory color. If you can't find them on there, I'd say go ahead and pick up the CL ones. $100 isn't too bad.
Nah dude... I checked eBay already... They're more expensive there... Lol

i bought a set for my last v6 for $100...realized i didn't like them and put the v6 ones back on and resold the scoops...depends on if your going for the sleek look or the beefy wide look
What didn't you like about them? So GT scoops would make it look beefier? It kinda makes sense to me now... I think I'd like that... Kinda like this?!

Hey 6ER did you ever check out those pics I took for you yesterday at FFF?

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
Nah dude... I checked eBay already... They're more expensive there... Lol

What didn't you like about them? So GT scoops would make it look beefier? It kinda makes sense to me now... I think I'd like that... Kinda like this?!

Hey 6ER did you ever check out those pics I took for you yesterday at FFF?
hmmmmmm...ill take a look :yes

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I have seen on that is a fairly good price. I want some so bad
Yah I think the price seems reasonable... I've been wanting to have these... Just waiting for a good deal... I wish I knew how to swap them out... I found a write-up in mustangworld.com... Looked easy but :dunno

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
Yah I think the price seems reasonable... I've been wanting to have these... Just waiting for a good deal... I wish I knew how to swap them out... I found a write-up in mustangworld.com... Looked easy but :dunno
it's very easy..takes all of 10 minutes if your carefull...most likely you'll break some of the plastic tabs..but you can go to an autoparts and get more

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hopefully I don't **** them up... I want it to fit tight and firm... Not wiggling and ****...

Here a pic of them frOm my iPhone CL...

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Hopefully I don't **** them up... I want it to fit tight and firm... Not wiggling and ****...
You said it comes with the mounting tabs, right? Don't worry about ****ing it up. Just get a screwdriver, cover it with a cloth, carefully slide it under the old scoops and pop them off. I think there are a total of 6 tabs per scoop. I've taken one of mine off a few times without breaking any of the tabs and I'm not very patient so I get a little rough with it :dunno

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so granted that I already have the scoops.... Do I paint it BODY COLOR (torch red of course), or BLACK?! I'm already guessing you guys would suggest body color but I might as well ask... What do you think about this?

Too much black goin' on?

·
Registered
631 Posts
@ torch- I paid 84 i believe on ebay for mine, with shipping it was more or less 100, so its pretty much a good deal, but i like a boxy looking mustang too. Then again my first car was a fox coupe.

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@ torch- I paid 84 i believe on ebay for mine, with shipping it was more or less 100, so its pretty much a good deal, but i like a boxy looking mustang too. Then again my first car was a fox coupe.
Yah, somebody sells those from time to time... Right now they have a pair on auction... I THINK currnt bid is around $50-ish and shipping is $20 with 2-3 more days to go.... A couple sells them as "buy it now" for $160 WITHOUT the inserts...

Yep, I'm definitely going to seal the deal with this CL seller today... I'm supposed to meet him around 9am... He better not wig out in me! Lol

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
do this

anyways

do not paint them black!!!

1 - 20 of 138 Posts