Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing lots of stuff to the 02 and owning it for a decade I decided on something different. I picked up a 2011 328xi BMW. Then I immediately got bored and installed a centrifugal Supercharger. Not sure is it classifies as a sleeper but having 4 doors is nice.
Car is AWD, Inline 6 N52 with ESStuning supercharger @7 psi. Should make around 320 crank hp, it's very peaky and revs to 7k but handles and rides unbelievably well, not as fast as the GT in it's best configuration but decent, and this thing gets 29 mpg on the highway, also the gearing is just sublime, second peaks right at 60 mph which is great for short burst of acceleration. But no worries, my wife now has the mustang in the family, and she is eager to have me do some mods. While not being crazy fast the Ecoboost is quite fun and balanced, I really enjoy this car, the wife really wanted a convertible and it is her car so she gets what she wants.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,636 Posts
It’s sad to see the Mustang go but I understand. The bmw is nice, not my cup of tea but I respect them.

I’ve heard a lot of great things about the ecoboost but never drove one. I know they’re pretty quick and the s550 is a great platform. I love my 17 Gt. It’s nice that there are a lot you can do to these cars too. I just upgraded from the base sync system to sync 3 and couldn’t be happier. It was almost plug and play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
705 Posts
Congrats & good luck with the 2011 BMW..

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the Ecoboost is quite nice honestly. I'm thinking about different wheels for the 328, possible an inch bigger but in bronze, I doubt I'll lower it any as it's already pretty low to the ground. Debating on a slightly louder exhaust, it's pretty quiet now, but the SC did make it a surprisingly louder than I expected which is nice. Probably won't be long before I pulley down and add a front mount....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts