Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the front bumper/fascia and hood from the new gt500s fit on a gt??

Im trying to decide if I want to order my GT and then swap the front end out to make it look like a gt500 (supersnake) or if I should just spend the extra coin on the gt500 up front..

only draw back for me is I would put a fastlane turbo kit on the gt instead of a supercharger like the one that comes with the gt500..

Im not a huge supercharger fan.

anyone have any idea?

thanks

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
It'll bolt right up, just make sure you get all the little parts too.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
you'll be able to get all the parts from the parts department that you buy the car from. but personally, after seeing the 5.0 vs gt500 comparison that was in a recent mag i'd deff go with the gt. with a normal gt you could get all the body parts you wanted plus the turbo kit and still be less than a gt500

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've seen a few that completed the GT500 kit and the one person I talked to said the hood is not cheap. In my opinion, I would price how much everything to include your desired turbo kit would cost and then make your decision. If without a doubt you would remove the supercharger on a GT500, then I wouldn't even look at the GT500. Also before you decide on which Mustang you want, at the end of the day what are you looking for in a "final" product? Horsepower, suspension etc. I was a turbo only guy for many years and now not so much. You can do amazing things with these newer superchargers and the power is instant.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you'll be able to get all the parts from the parts department that you buy the car from. but personally, after seeing the 5.0 vs gt500 comparison that was in a recent mag i'd deff go with the gt. with a normal gt you could get all the body parts you wanted plus the turbo kit and still be less than a gt500

Thats pretty much what i have decided. I think Ill do the venom hood instead of the stock gt500 hood, and it will still be way less than a gt500 plus still get better mpg.

Im not worried about the forged internals of the gt500, Im not looking to go over 6-7psi on it, if that changes in the future Ill just have to forge the coyote!!

thanks all!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thats pretty much what i have decided. I think Ill do the venom hood instead of the stock gt500 hood, and it will still be way less than a gt500 plus still get better mpg.

Im not worried about the forged internals of the gt500, Im not looking to go over 6-7psi on it, if that changes in the future Ill just have to forge the coyote!!

thanks all!
OK, I have to ask. If your only interested in 6-7#'s of boost, why not a supercharger? Most superchargers produce that amount of boost right out of the box, not to mention it's instant power. At that low of boost you won't have as much turbo lag, but you will have it if you go turbo. I can see the cost being less than a supercharger, but... just my opinion and just curious.

·
Registered
828 Posts
OK, I have to ask. If your only interested in 6-7#'s of boost, why not a supercharger? Most superchargers produce that amount of boost right out of the box, not to mention it's instant power. At that low of boost you won't have as much turbo lag, but you will have it if you go turbo. I can see the cost being less than a supercharger, but... just my opinion and just curious.
this. if it is mostly a street car, you'll enjoy a positive displacement supercharger a lot more. just some food for thought.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I cant stand the whine of a supercharger. The sound of a turbo is just sooo much better than a whine.

I have always been a turbo guy, I had a built 5.3 chevy silverado that would get 23mpg on the interstate with a STS turbo kit on it.

with running low boost there isnt any lag really at all. You can get full boost by 2500-3k rpms.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I cant stand the whine of a supercharger. The sound of a turbo is just sooo much better than a whine.

I have always been a turbo guy, I had a built 5.3 chevy silverado that would get 23mpg on the interstate with a STS turbo kit on it.

with running low boost there isnt any lag really at all. You can get full boost by 2500-3k rpms.
yeah, I love the sound of turbos too, and STS has a great setup. I've always wanted to built a vette with one of their twin kits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts