Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI,
I found these heads for sale locally.. Would they be a good upgrade for my stock 5.0 GT ? i have a set of gt40 heads with a three angle valve job port polished with comp cam valve springs with ford racing aluminum roller rockers and arp head bolts had on my mustang for 3 months asking $400 Would I just be able to bolt these on or do I have to change anything else? Thanx Tom

UPDATE!!
I guess you snooze you lose !! The heads listed above have been sold !!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I Also found these for $550.. I think that I will go this route ??? I HAVE A SET OF GT-40 HEADS THAT ARE COMPLETELY REBUILT WITH MANLEY VALVES AND COMP CAMS SPRINGS NEW GUIDES AND SEATS ALSO A NEW SET OF 1.7 RATIO ROLLER ROCKERS AND A SET OF SHORTY HEADERS THIS A CHEAP WAY TO WAKE UP THAT OLD FOX.... What do you guys think?? I have a lot of plans for my 95 5.0 GT but would like to do it little by little... Tom

·
Registered
489 Posts
Either way you go sounds good but the deal with the headers seems like the best. That's funny, I bought a set of gt-40's off a guy for $400 too. They had Crane Cams 1.7 rockers and new springs. I just had them worked over with new seals and a valve job. Deff wakes up the car.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boy,
Seems like I need to act a little quicker on these things.. The second ones listed are sold also. Thanx for the advice. appreciate it,
Tom

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update...
I bought a set of GT40P heads which have been recently gone through completely with a 3 angle valve job. Ready to bolt on.. Just curious if I should upgrade the springs ? eventually I would like to go to a mild cam upgrade.. Thanx, Tom

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Just an update...
I bought a set of GT40P heads which have been recently gone through completely with a 3 angle valve job. Ready to bolt on.. Just curious if I should upgrade the springs ? eventually I would like to go to a mild cam upgrade.. Thanx, Tom
Much easier to do the springs off the car and if you plan on going with any aftermarket cam i would recommend putting a nice set of springs on the heads it will save you the hassel of doing it on the car later.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank-you for the advice ;) I'm looking for some springs now for the heads.. Any ideas on where to look? I've sent an e-mail to Trick flow asking for a cam recomendation and spring recommendation...Hoping to hear from them soon..:) Just wondering if there were any other recomendations from anyone else...
I have the heads.. GT40 intake on the way. Will be buying underdrive pulleys, 3.73 gears and cai... Thanx Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.