Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a GT40 Upper/Lower intake manifold and the throttle body.

Can someone who has swapped this onto a 5.0 give me some advice?

I realize I have to modify the TB itself to change the TPS mount & the direction of the linkage.

But what EGR spacer or EGR plate do I need to use? Is it just going to be a huge pain in the ass to use the TB and I should just buy a new one w/ a EGR delete?

I dont want to fabricate a bracket for the throttle cable etc.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
the explorer intake has the egr built in if thats what you are referring to....but pretty sure you can just unplug the egr and leave the spacer off....i think

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The explorer lower doesnt have a ACT bung either, So what do people do with that? Leaving the spacer off would result in not having a mounting place for the bracket.

Im wondering if i should just run the 60mm TB for now...

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
The explorer 65mm egr spacer should work with any throttle body why do you think it wont?

The act sensor is used by the factory ecu and most good performance tuners to pulll out timing if the air charge gets too hot.

Some people tap and drill the number 5 runner but most people install it in the intake track before the tb and claim to be a better spot away from the heat soak.

here's a pic

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I will have to look if the person i bought it from gave me the EGR spacer also, I though it just had a 90 degree bend style thing, not an EGR spacer.

Im going to be running boost, so im kind of afraid of doing the intake tract. I might just let it sit in the injector valley....

I will be running no SPOUT connector, so pulling timing wont be a problem.

Thanks for the reply. In all honesty im just sick of working on this thing, and at this point, converting the explorer TB over sounds like a real pain in the ass.

Is that a picture of your car? If so very nice, how did you delete the A/C? & Smog properly? FRP P/S relo kit?

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
f that, plug in the act and just lay it in the valley by the injectors

·
Registered
1 Posts
??

So, to put on a 98'explorer head, use all mustang TB/intake parts?
What about the mustang egr? Where does that go to? And the ACT? (same as BOSS?) Plug it and put in the injector pit or tap the intake?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I will have to look if the person i bought it from gave me the EGR spacer also, I though it just had a 90 degree bend style thing, not an EGR spacer.
Only issue with not using the spacer is some people have throttle cable binding issues because the linkage is not in the same location but like I said some people tend to have that issue where others dont.

Im going to be running boost, so im kind of afraid of doing the intake tract. I might just let it sit in the injector valley....

I will be running no SPOUT connector, so pulling timing wont be a problem.
Your going to be running boost without retarding timing?

Thanks for the reply. In all honesty im just sick of working on this thing, and at this point, converting the explorer TB over sounds like a real pain in the ass.
I agree, i'd just buy a cheap professional products tb and throw it on.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, to put on a 98'explorer head, use all mustang TB/intake parts?
What about the mustang egr? Where does that go to? And the ACT? (same as BOSS?) Plug it and put in the injector pit or tap the intake?

You can use the mustang TB & EGR Spacer, however they are 60mm, and the explorer one is 65mm, But the explorer one has to be hacked up to work.

Mustang EGR will work, but like i said above, its 60mm also.

You can block off the EGR part with a block off plate, or just straight up buy a blanked out spacer. Im putting my ACT into the injector pitt, especially since i dont have the SPOUT connector in to adjust timing on the fly.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your going to be running boost without retarding timing?
I agree, i'd just buy a cheap professional products tb and throw it on.
Im going to retard the timing, Im just not going to allow the ECU to advance it with the SPOUT. That's what I think im going to do also...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts