Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my new shortblock assembled and am ready to bolt the heads on my motor is a stock bottom end rebuild e303 trick flow street upper/lower and bolt ons my question is should i bolt my gt40 irons just redone and home ported with 1.7rr which i already have or should i buy Trick flow Tw heads which i will have to buy new rockers (1.6's)as well it will cost me about $1500 do get the heads rockers and pushrods is it worth the money to buy those heads or just use what i have? what kind of power difference between the two is it really worth the swap on a stock bottom end 302? also i will be using the e303 even if i switch to the tw heads

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yes there will be a huge difference between the heads. The trickflows will flow way better than the gt40s. If you can afford i would go ahead and go with the tw.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if on a stock bottom end 302 its only going to be like 20 hp difference im prolly not gonna go for it at $1500 but i just dont see them performing that much better, i need more advice

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
the TWs are far better than the GT40 heads and are well worth the money.you might want to add a TF stage 1 cam instead of the E cam

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im just lookin around and the dyno numbers with mods that are farely close it doesnt show an impressive gain how much hp difference between the heads

1 - 5 of 5 Posts