Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a set of free gt40-p headers ported. I have long tubes on my stock heads, and an o/r h pipe and a mac catback. What headers can i buy that are cheap and will hook right up to my o/r h for long tubes? Is this possible? my long tubes are currently bbk. if that made sense lol

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
like he said the bbk's and most long tubes work on the gt40p heads

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what kind of spark plug boots? wow now im excited sweet!!! What are the specs on these heads? are they better than gt 40's? how much power should i except? what kind of intake manifold should i get to pair it up with? i have an e303 cam.. will it match up well?

·
Motha' Fuq'n Gun Show
905 Posts
gt40-p heads are the more economical heads to go with since they have a smaller valve, and flow just as good as gt40's.the better velocity and revised spark plug position make for a cleaner burn and improved fuel economy. They are also pretty cheap. It depends what you want? most people who go for gt-40 heads are for power only

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well im getting the gt40p's ported for free. Let me know if anyone knows power increases, and what kind of spark plug boot i need

·
Motha' Fuq'n Gun Show
905 Posts
well im getting the gt40p's ported for free. Let me know if anyone knows power increases, and what kind of spark plug boot i need
id say roughly 285? but since your getting them ported. maybe 325...but im not entirely sure. What type of cam?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have an ford abc E303 cam :(. i dont have an intake manifold.. So i need someone or people to help me pick one out thats used or cheap, my uncle will help me clean it up if its used. I want 300 rwhp with the HCI when im done, so i hope thats accheiveable.

·
Motha' Fuq'n Gun Show
905 Posts
i have an ford abc E303 cam :(. i dont have an intake manifold.. So i need someone or people to help me pick one out thats used or cheap, my uncle will help me clean it up if its used. I want 300 rwhp with the HCI when im done, so i hope thats accheiveable.
well i know with a 1.7 roller rocker and a mac p headers, you should be well over 300. I'm not sure, but i think the intake on the 98 ford explorers (v8 of course) will fit. I'm not entirely sure. Maybe Darrel can shed some light on it.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well how do you know? How do you know its not just because your motor is worn? my motor got rebuilt 16k miles ago.. Do you know around where you are?

·
Motha' Fuq'n Gun Show
905 Posts
I have a similar combo and I know i am not pushing 300 to the wheels.
well, you do have a AOD.. that could be robbing some power from you

1 - 20 of 43 Posts