Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just a quick question, I tried to search it but couldn't find anything. I found some gt500 Brembo rotors and calipers for sale for 800. Was wondering if they would fit a 2004 cobra, and if so is it direct? Or will there be modifications required. Thanks

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
That'd be a sweet swap! Did you buy them?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That'd be a sweet swap! Did you buy them?
unfortunately when i called him he had sold them already, however, ive seen these come up more and more often. so i will be keeping an eye out for them. it would be a great swap.

·
Banned
178 Posts
FTBR ripped off Brembo by copying a Brembo Gan Turismo kit with replica caliper mount brackets and lower quality Colmen rotors.

I installed a real Brembo Gran Turismo kit with real Brembo billet caliper mounts and two piece Brembo drilled rotors. Lighter than the GT500 set up. However, the Brembo GT kit is way more money.
[/URL][/IMG]

The GT500 Brembo brakes are a great set up and they cost way less than the $3500 Brembo GT system I put on my Cobra.

If you have the Ability to fabricate parts, You can mock up a bracket in plastic and then you could have a machine shop make a braket for you.

The Brembo F50 radial mount caliper that is a part of my Brembo GT kit and the same caliper that Ford used on the FR500C race car is avalable new for $900

Ford Mustang FR500C FR500S Brembo Brake Calipers F40 F50 Gran Turismo M 2320 D | eBay

For rotors, you can pick up a pair of two piece Stoptech rotors for around $900.

ALL that you would have left to do is make your own caliper mount brackets. and fabricating brackets from scratch is a challenge, but it can be done.

I designed and fabricated my own caliper mount brackets for a Brembo IRS brake system on my car. Here is my IRS Brembo thread:

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/projects/310081-mustang-cobra-irs-rear-brembo-brake-upgrade.html

I did not put a Gt500 brembo system on my car because when I upgraded the front brakes, the GT500 Brembo's were not available, so that was not an option for me.

Yes, the GT500 Brembo system is more heavy than a Gran Turismo set up, but for the price, you cant beat it.

Check out this Corral thread on mounting the massive 2013 Gt500 Brembo's on 94-04 Mustangs for $1500 not including the new wheels that will be required.

[/URL][/IMG]

SN95 Big Brake Upgrade - 2013 Shelby 6 piston brembo and 15" rotors - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FTBR ripped off Brembo by copying a Brembo Gan Turismo kit with replica caliper mount brackets and lower quality Colmen rotors.

I installed a real Brembo Gran Turismo kit with real Brembo billet caliper mounts and two piece Brembo drilled rotors. Lighter than the GT500 set up. However, the Brembo GT kit is way more money.
[/URL][/IMG]

The GT500 Brembo brakes are a great set up and they cost way less than the $3500 Brembo GT system I put on my Cobra.

If you have the Ability to fabricate parts, You can mock up a bracket in plastic and then you could have a machine shop make a braket for you.

The Brembo F50 radial mount caliper that is a part of my Brembo GT kit and the same caliper that Ford used on the FR500C race car is avalable new for $900

Ford Mustang FR500C FR500S Brembo Brake Calipers F40 F50 Gran Turismo M 2320 D | eBay

For rotors, you can pick up a pair of two piece Stoptech rotors for around $900.

ALL that you would have left to do is make your own caliper mount brackets. and fabricating brackets from scratch is a challenge, but it can be done.

I designed and fabricated my own caliper mount brackets for a Brembo IRS brake system on my car. Here is my IRS Brembo thread:

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/projects/310081-mustang-cobra-irs-rear-brembo-brake-upgrade.html

I did not put a Gt500 brembo system on my car because when I upgraded the front brakes, the GT500 Brembo's were not available, so that was not an option for me.

Yes, the GT500 Brembo system is more heavy than a Gran Turismo set up, but for the price, you cant beat it.

Check out this Corral thread on mounting the massive 2013 Gt500 Brembo's on 94-04 Mustangs for $1500 not including the new wheels that will be required.

[/URL][/IMG]

SN95 Big Brake Upgrade - 2013 Shelby 6 piston brembo and 15" rotors - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
Thanks man! Ill rep you when I'm not on my cell that's a ton of info, thanks for taking the time to write that out. Helps a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts