Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my GT500 fuel pump put in today. I got the one for the older 09 and below mustangs as the dealer said. I got my car back and it was almost on E so I stopped to fill up and 6 gallons later the pump stoped. Tried to top off but was full. Started my car and says 3/4 full? Any ideas or is this normal with the GT500 pump on a 07 GT?:confused:

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Sadly they wired them up wrong more than likely. There was a change in the wiring and FRPP never updated the directions for the new wiring. My guess is they wired them up following the directions. Probably don't install many and have no idea.. I hope you've got a tune for them too... If you're running the Roush tune you'll need to get a tune for the GT500 fuel pumps and it'd be a good idea to anyone since the Roush tunes are pretty garbage. My recommendation is VMP Tuning, Justin has a ton of experience with the Cobras & S197s, etc. VMP Tuning also just released a 2.49" pulley this week for the M90 which gains another lb of boost.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Yeah the shop I went to seem's to know whats going on but who knows. I have the tune that I got from stage 3 motor sports on it when I took it there and they were able to re tune it and got an extra 58HP out of it after the pump was put in and even gave me the 47lb. injectors back and said the Roush 39lb ones were fine. The car run's awsome now but I think I may have to call them to check the wiring for the fuel pumps.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
How much power did the car make? What shop is this? I can tell you there is no way they made 58 rwhp more with their tune unless Stage 3's tune was running 5 degrees of timing or something... The GT500 fuel pumps aren't going to add any power. The OEM fuel pumps are more than adequate for the Roush M90 with a pulley... Do you have a dyno graph you can post?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm running stock exst. w/flowmaster mufflers, a Roush M90 with a 2.57 pulley, a steeda CAI w/ 90 mm housing. My car was at 349.2HP when I brought it in and was running at 15.2 air/fuel way lean. The guy installed the GT500 cause I asked him too and he put in my 3.73 gears. When I got the car back the new dyno says 407.4 hp and 11.1 air/fuel. It's called C&M Automotive in Hubertis, WI. I found them on the SCT dealer website. I may have to go to a box tune from another company cause he said he couldn't do a tune above 5800 RPM's for insurance reasons and said it's a basic street tune and that they don't do race tunes on emmision controlled cars. I have the 4.6 engine on my 07 GT

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Did the GT500 kit come with new fuel level sensor installed or did they transplant the stock one? My cat had fuel gauge issues with the GT500 level sensor and I swapped stock one on and it worked fine.

Also the 5800 rpm thing is weird as the stock limited is set at 6250 rpm.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
430HP? I have 407RWH the VMP you think could do a 430RWH on a mail order tune? If they could I would do it in no time!

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
430HP? I have 407RWH the VMP you think could do a 430RWH on a mail order tune? If they could I would do it in no time!
What do you mean with the VMP? The VMP 2.57" pulley?

Here's a graph of the M90 with the 2.57" pulley and Steeda intake.

They also just released a new 2.49" pulley that gains an additional ~10 rwhp. It's not the press on style though. Which do you have? Is it a press on or bolt on with the key-way?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice! I may have to go VMP! I was thinking oh the Bama 3 tunes but not sure. I got my 2.57 from Stage 3 and I had to cook it in the oven and run out side and slap that thing on before it cooled off. Yeah My chart shows the air fuel about the same. Is yours with stock exhaust?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts