Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i just bought these pedals as well as some other nicknacks from newtakeoff.com. i got the package yesterday and i looked at the pedals and was like wtf? there is actually an entire new accelerator pedal instead of an overlay. but our s197s are a one peice accelerator pedal design so i couldn't figure out how they expected me to install the go pedal. so i checked out their instructions at http://www.diversifiedmktg.com/Inventory/Mustang%20pedal%20instructions%20(6).pdf (i know it looks like instructions for a sn95, but if you look at the bottom pic it's definately an s197). they want me to drill what? why did they make this so difficult? a billet overlay would've sufficed.

i'll have to post up a pic of the pedal they sent me cuz i am thoroughly confused. has anyone bought these pedals from newtakeoff that could shed some light on the gas pedal?

anyway, my fingertips are sore as **** but the brake and clutch pedal went on fine. now i just have to worry about this gas pedal.

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
dude the gt500 pedals are the easiest to install... all you have to do is gather hot water in your sink. let the heat make the rubber flexible then you can pull it over fairly easier. the gas pedal should just be put on with 3m double sided tape after cleaning it with alcohol

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anybody got any idea about this drilling thing? they should of put more damn pictures in the instructions dammit.

·
What's this Photoshop?
2,426 Posts
I'm just guessing, but from what I can gather they want you to drill out the two things circled in yellow...

I'm also guessing you have two threaded inserts on the pedal for said screws?

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just guessing, but from what I can gather they want you to drill out the two things circled in yellow...

I'm also guessing you have two threaded inserts on the pedal for said screws?
yes! i felt those holes when i was tryin to figure out what the **** to do, but do i drill straight through the entire pedal? i mean it says to use a 3/8 bit and that seems a lil large. idk, i'm gonna have to pull out the assembly, set it in front of me and come up with a plan of action i guess.

thanks for the help though. you've motivated me to just suck it up and do it.

·
What's this Photoshop?
2,426 Posts
yes! i felt those holes when i was tryin to figure out what the **** to do, but do i drill straight through the entire pedal? i mean it says to use a 3/8 bit and that seems a lil large. idk, i'm gonna have to pull out the assembly, set it in front of me and come up with a plan of action i guess.

thanks for the help though. you've motivated me to just suck it up and do it.
and reps for going out to your car with a mirror and taking a pic for me.
Thanks, should be clearer when you get the assembly out. Glad I could help.

·
Registered
212 Posts
They look like nuts to me, I know the S95 had 2 nuts you just loosened and removed for the whole gas pedal assembly, took about 10 minutes..

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They look like nuts to me, I know the S95 had 2 nuts you just loosened and removed for the whole gas pedal assembly, took about 10 minutes..
yeah, i hoped it was that easy, but that gas pedal isn't going anywhere. it's one peice. i'm not sure why ford put those wholes there other than to make putting these particular pedals on as complicated a task as possible

·
Registered
277 Posts
The Saleen pedals I have are the same. Had to drill.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It was pretty simple with the Saleen pedals. Drill two holes through the stock pedals and put the two supplied nuts and bolts through to hold it on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts