Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts
Thats a great deal for wheels and tires. As far as how they'll fit on the NE, I don't know.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll probably need wheel spacers but just wondering what that pattern would look like. I'll see if AM has some customer pics for the NE version if they have one.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts
keep in mind that 19" tires are a lot more expensive than 18s.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I dunno.. I might have to pass.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
19's are too big for a ne stang. Nice wheels and good deal, but will look terrible imo

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
19's are too big for a ne stang. Nice wheels and good deal, but will look terrible imo
I think I'm going to agree. Too much wheel, not enough tire for my tastes on a NE body.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
They just don't mesh with the car, they clash abd stick out more than anything

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
No :no

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Agree^

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I had a line on a set of brand new 2010 OEM GT 500 take offs... and test fit them on my 03. The wheels were 18 x 9.5 and the backspacing is more than the new edge.

The rears tires are 285/40/18 and fit great with a 1.5" hub centric spacers. The front tires are 255/45/18 and I tried 1" spacers but had rubbing issues on full lock. Tried no spacers up front but the high backspacing didn't clear the brakes. With 1/2" spacers on it was close... but at full lock it touches the front shock tower. Overall the 1" spacer was the closest. If I went with a shorter tire then the 255/45 I think I could get it to fit - but it will be close.

I went a different route in the end. I do like the look of the OEM GT 500 wheels on the new edge - but I'm not a fan of the chrome knockoffs.

Here's some pics ...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts