Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would shocks, struts, springs from a gt500 be a good upgrade? Will it lower me at all? Do you guys think it would give me any problems?

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
the gt500 has a 5.4 litre IRON block. that's a heavy F'n block. the gt500 suspension will make your v6 look even more like a 4x4 than it already does.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the reason I ask is I was given all the suspension parts brand new. An aquaintence of mine took his shelby to be converted into a Super Snake, so he didnt need it. Guess i'll just put it up on craigslist.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
theyll work and the ride height wont be any different but the ride will be rougher due to the stiffer rates on the springs and shocks

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about if I ditch the springs and keep the shocks/struts? Would I see much of an improvement. or would it be more worth it to just go with some Konis or Tokicos?

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
There is more to it then just shocks/ struts/ springs. Sways, panhard, trailing, control arms, strut tower, etc, etc. Oh tires and wheels, including tire size, side wall, tread, offset...

If I were you, I know that people will say other wise, I'd go with Koni's and some springs. I prefer H&R's.

Sell the GT500 stuff.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All I needed to know. Thanks Alexander. At least I can make a nice profit!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts