Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, ive had assumed my 95 was a GTS. ive seen some posts saying some stuff, but id like to know more about these GTSs because i recently discovered it really is a GTS and for some reason it came with a spoiler from which ive learned that GTSs didnt. so is there a place where i can learn about them alot more ?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
The GTS was basically a stripped GT. They came with cloth seats from the V6, power mirrors but no power windows and no power locks and no power seats, no foglights, and no rear spoiler. But if was available on the V6, you could always order it.

There is an old thread on corral.net covering the GTS.
1995 GTS "Registry" Thread - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

This covers the GTS briefly.
http://www.themustangsource.com/timeline/94-98/95/index.htm

This also covers the GTS.
Mustang GTS Information

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hm, intresting. i just love the no power everything in my car. but how i officially found out is that it says GTS on the insurence card which they do all that by your vin. so its nice to know that though. now i know which direction im going to restore it in. i was going to restore it back to a cobra r. but now i know its an original GTS i might go Cobra R/ GTS lol. thanks man

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
All a GTS is, is Fords attempt to keep the LX. Which was the bare bones V8 car they made in foxes with no bells and whistles. They got rid of it after 95.

Its not a collectors edition by any means. And at this point in time in history, it may actually be worth less than a GT because of the lack of power anything.

That said, its your car so you do what you want with it. But if your looking to keep its value by retaining it as an original GTS, your not really going to gain anything out of it besides self satisfaction at this point in time. Who knows, maybe it will be worth more than a GT in 20 years. They did make less of them so who knows......No one ever thought the classics would be bringing 6 figures in some models so who knows.

·
Registered
594 Posts
You could actually make a very convincing Cobra R clone with a GTS..
The cobra R didn't have power anything either.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know thats why i was going to do that, but im not paying 1200 bucks for a hood and bumper just to make it look like a cobra r lol.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Kinda backwards; the GTS was Ford's way of using up the rest of the 5.0s they had laying around before the switch to the 4.6L. They were a V6 in everything but drivetrain.

·
Registered
401 Posts
My old GTS had power locks but nothing else. It too had a spoiler when I bought it but it was clearly added by one of the previous owners because the drilled holes were raggedy. It was centered properly though which was nice.

I hated not having power options, which is why I used my totaled out 95 GT (which I bought back from ins. company) and swapped all the GT's wiring harnesses into the GTS in order to get back all my options: cruise, power windows, mach 460, etc etc. I also had to swap the entire doors from my GT as well to make it easier.

I agree, there isn't really any value to these cars. And I wanted to add that my FL titles called all my 94/95 GT's GT/GTS.

EDIT: Looking back at the project pics of my GTS it actually didn't have power locks! I guess I didn't spend enough time with it as a GTS (actually never drove it that way) to familiarize myself with all it's differences.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Here's some interior shots of my GTS:

And for a little inspiration (and picture whoring) what I turned my cruddy looking GTS into:

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
I think the GTS will have some value in 20-30 years, but not until then. Collectors get stupid for "rare" options like that, especially rare options that people don't value, thus causing them to destroy most examples.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well they did say in the sites i found that power stuff was options. basicly all the gt stuff was optional. basicly a bare bones GTS was just that. A V8 motor and drivtrain. i like it though, i love it actually. if i want electronic creature comforts i just plop myself in my 98 and cruise. i love the idea that my GTS has little to nothing and everything manual cuz thats going to be my "fun" car/ the last of the "American" designed Mustang tradional engine car. i dont look at this car and think about the resale value. matter of fact i dont look at any of my Mustangs like that because i dont ever plan to resell them. i baught them, there mine, period. im very passionate about things like that. just as Chevy commercials say "Chevies run deep", well Ford Mustangs run deep with me. but getting back to it all, the GTS was the last time Ford ever did the "Bare Bones" model.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
btw 99fiveO, did you paint all that interior black or did you swap it all ? or is that a completely diffrent car ?

·
Registered
401 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
btw 99fiveO, did you paint all that interior black or did you swap it all ? or is that a completely diffrent car ?
I swapped everything I could but most of it was dyed. Same car.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hhhmmmm, intresting. dyed you say.

·
Registered
401 Posts
yup, I used Sem's black dye. It was the "trim" dye but it worked out really well for interior pieces and was durable because it was made for the outside trim!! SEM Products :: Trim Black

·
Registered
76 Posts
Actually my 95 GTS Has power windows, locks and cruise, the dealers put the wings on, not Ford... Also, the GTS does not have ABS. This is really the only way to tell a true GTS... Here is My window sticker for all the info.

My Ford Fleet...

Here are the Specs on all the SN95 Cars!!!

1994 Laser Red GT Convertible 33264 Miles “Sally” Engine and Modifications:

5.0L 302Ci V8, MAC Prochamber H-Pipe, MAC Cat Back, MAC Cold Air Intake, MSD
Blaster Coil, FRP 9MM Wires, FRP 4.10 Gears, Steeda Sport Springs, Full Length Sub Frame
Connectors, SCT Eliminator Switch Chip, Custom Dyno Tune By Ramsey’s Performance and CDC Styling
Light Bar and 5K HID Head and Fog Lights.

1995 Bright Blue GTS 16740 Miles “The Whistler” Engine and Modifications:

5.0L 302Ci V8 with Ported E7 Heads, Kenne Bell 1.5L Supercharger, Kenne Bell
FlowZilla Intake, Kenne Bell Ram Air System, DiabloSport DeltaChip, Custom Dyno Tune by Ramsey's
Performance, Crane HI-6TRC CD Racing Ignition System, MSD Blaster Coil, FRP 9MM Wires, Shorty
Headers, MAC Prochamber H-Pipe, Flowmaster
40 Mufflers With 2 ½ Stainless Exhaust, Ford Racing 30 lb Fuel Injectors,
Professional Mass Air Systems Matched 75mm Mass Air Meter, Professional Products
75 mm Throttle Body, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, World Class T-5 Transmission, MGW Shifter, Spec Stage
3+ (Plus) Clutch, Spec Billet Aluminum Flywheel, Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft, Ford Racing 3.55
Gears, Full Length Sub Frame Connectors, Eibach ProLine Springs with Energy Suspension Poly
Urethane Spring Isolator Kits, Cobra brakes with Brembo Rotors and 6K HID Head Lights.

1995 Mustang Cobra R 4750 Miles "Ultra Venom" #17 of 250 Engine and Modifications:

Engine:
351 Cubic inch Windsor stroked to 408 Cubic inch with Trick Flow Twisted Wedge
heads with a full stage 3 port job, Scat 4340 forged and nitrated crankshaft, 6.125-inch H- beam
rods, custom Ross forged pistons (with inverted domes for a blower-friendly 8:1 compression ratio),
Childs & Albert file-fit rings, Clevite 77H main and rod bearings, a Melling high-volume oil pump,
a Canton road-race pan, a Canton main-stud girdle, a Crane blower cam, and Crane dual valve
springs, Custom SFI Damper and MSD Digital
6AL Ignition with MSD Blaster Coil and MSD Super Conductor Wires.

Supercharger and Fuel:
Vortech V-1 T-Trim Supercharger
Anderson Power pipe
Vortech blow off valve
Factory Cobra intake (Extrude Honed) Aeromotive fuel system with
1/2 inch stainless steel fuel lines and fuel pressure regulator
80 Pound FRP Fuel Injectors
80 MM PRO-M Mass Air Meter
65 MM FRP Throttle Body
Glenn’s Performance Front Sump Custom Fuel Cell

Exhaust:
Factory Cobra R headers
2 1/2 inch H pipe
2 1/2 inch DynoMax stainless steel exhaust

Drive Train:
Tremec TH3550 Transmission Built by Hanlon
McCloud Clutch
Adjustable Clutch Quadrant
Stock Fly Wheel
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
FRP Aluminum Driveshaft
FRP 3:55 Gears
Detroit Trutrack Differential Moser 31 Spline Rear Axle SVO Rear Girdle
Factory Cobra R suspension with additions of South Side boxed upper and lower control arms
Weld in Sub Frame Connectors

Interior: Flofit Seats
Custom 6 point roll bar with swing out removable drivers side bar
4 Point Race Harness
Kenne Bell white faced electric fuel pressure and boost gauge

Engine Management:
SCT with Custom Dyno Tune by Ramsey’s Performance

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah mine doesnt have ABS, it only had a spoiler and the GT lights, and the 4way power driver seat and thats it. and OMG! The Whistler, that freaking car is beautiful. the only thing diffrent in my car is that they swapped the seats out for the new edge ones and the console too. so i dont have the flap for the drink holder or the ash tray anymore. yeah thats crazy 99fiveO. i guess thats one way to change the color of your car though. lol. the whistler, did you have to build the block for the SC or can you leave it stock ? cause i freaking love Kennebelle SCs!

·
Registered
401 Posts
If you keep the boost reasonable you can run with the stock block all day long!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts