Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody got any suggestions for guages? i need a boost/vacum, A/F, and fuel pressure.

·
Registered
927 Posts
defi !

not cheap but very good guages .

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which is better electricle or machanicle? i know that i want to go with a wideband for the A/F too. how much do you figure these might cost?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
which is better electricle or machanicle? i know that i want to go with a wideband for the A/F too. how much do you figure these might cost?
mechanical is more accurate. Im personally a fan of the autometer lunar series guages :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
I have plx widebands for $260 with the normal gauge.

Or the DM-100 programmable gauge and a wideband for $379. These gauges can display up to 4 sensor modules covering WO2, EGT, boost/vac, fluid temp, IAT, and oil pressure is coming soon.

I also have the DM-200 OBDII gauges

·
Registered
927 Posts

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
just curious why you need a boost guage?

for wideband.. Innovative > everything else

for gauges autometer is great, and there are also more expensive options out there like delphi, but spending the extra $$ isnt needed.

for fuel pressure gauge, if you mounting it in the car, you HAVE to get a electronic guage. and the same way with oil pressure.

boost mechanical though.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
for fuel pressure gauge, if you mounting it in the car, you HAVE to get a electronic guage. and the same way with oil pressure.

boost mechanical though.
No you dont. I run mechanical fuel pressure in the car and it works WAY better than my old electronic gauge. The response is instant. You just need to run an isolator so that no fuel actually goes to the gauge. Its a diaphragm and fuel pushes against the diaphragm and that pushes on antifreeze that goes to the gauge. Still cheaper than electronic gauges, and no delayed response.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am in the process of putting a procharger on my car and want to get some guages. so its gonna be a machanicle boost/vacum guage, i'm still not sure about the A/f guage, and an electricle fuel pressure guage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts