Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was just wondering what i would run in the 1/8th mile ive got kooks headers and x offroad pipe bama 91 race tune 4.10s short throw shifter i'm waiting for the drag strip to open up im still running the stock pirrelis anyone have a close guess the weather is still crappy otherwise i would just test it out on the road with a stop watch to get a close time any guess's?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
High 8's I am thinking.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
yea... a little under 9 would be good.. you will have to learn how to feather the pedal to keep it from spinning...

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Yea that is your main thing, your car might run high 8's but your driving has to be good enough to get it there.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I think with practice you could get mid 8s but you also need to consider the Density altitude (track elevation, temp, humidity and barometer reading). At our local 1/8 mile my friend runs high 8.6s to 8.8 with his 07 GT auto with street tires. His mods are JLT/Bama tune and 3.73s I run 8.36 to 8.5 with M/T E.T streets and a few more mods. The track is sticky but the tracks D/A is about 1500' in the winter and nearly 4000' in the summer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah the altitude here is around 2700 i haven't ran on that track before my next mods are going to be wheels and some nitto drag radials and a cold air intake i'm thinkin about the c and l racer intake

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
If the altitude is already 2700' then you factor in the summer heat your D/A is probably close to 4000'. You will need drag radials to hit 8s. Nitto 555R are not the best drag radial for the track but they are probably the best for getting you to the track. I would get a used pair of stock 17x8 rims for the rear and mount on a set of M/T E.T streets 26.5x11.5x17. Use this set up for track use. M/T E.T streets are a much sticker tire than Nitto 555R.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the infro gragra! nobody ever told me that before and what is D/A?

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I run low 8's on street tires with a blower and ~500 at the rear wheels, so plan on high 8's to low 9's.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I run low 8's on street tires with a blower and ~500 at the rear wheels, so plan on high 8's to low 9's.
how much boost do you run that doesn't seem right with 500hp

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
That's about right. Traction becomes a major issue with 500 hp and street tires.

·
Registered
874 Posts
8.5 @ 84- 85 mph on streets tops.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
9 PSI

That's about right. Traction becomes a major issue with 500 hp and street tires.
Word. You can't hook up on street tires - especially Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's. and even if you get a good launch, you can't floor it in first or second because that lights them up too.

Now with some DR's I would be in the sevens no problem.

I lay down 12.4 @123 MPH quarter miles on the same tires all day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts