Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No rush man, enjoy your Saturday. This is the internet it comes second.

Sent from my Vortex using AutoGuide.Com Free App
im at work :naughty:
and when im off i dont have anything to do so its w/e

·
K1w1
941 Posts
Nice one DSG.
It won't stop the questions but the answer now can be a simple link.

:drink

·
MM's DRUNKEN SAILOR & master **** shoveler
4,120 Posts
im at work :naughty:
and when im off i dont have anything to do so its w/e
lol sneaky bastard. if ya worked for me i'de fire you for screwing around on the computer so mush :bubba::bubba:

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
lol sneaky bastard. if ya worked for me i'de fire you for screwing around on the computer so mush :bubba::bubba:
i work for the cable company, we are on computers all day... and when i was righting this there were no customers to be helped

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Our cars are getting a little older with more miles. A lot of people are worried about power mods (particularly superchargers) hurting their motors. The 4.6L motor is built for longevity. It is in police cars and taxis which drive hundreds of thousands of miles. Many of us consider 100,000 as just being broken in. If you keep the power reasonable then a motor with 100,000 will hold the power of a supercharger.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/214990-how-many-miles-supercharged.html

And here are a few mods that people regret.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/239957-mods-you-regret.html

·
K1w1
941 Posts
It depends on how it's been looked after as well, oil changes etc.

·
K1w1
941 Posts
Yup, more replying to Eagles comment regarding 100k as being just broken in. My engine blew at 101k but I have no real idea of how it was treated/looked after as I'd only just got it.

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yup, more replying to Eagles comment regarding 100k as being just broken in. My engine blew at 101k but I have no real idea of how it was treated/looked after as I'd only just got it.
mine only lasted 55k, but thats at the time i bought it, and the previous owner only changed the oil 2 times

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
**Credit to DSGpony**

As for Gears: the sophisticated chart will show you what gears you might want based on reaction.

3.27= :facepalm:

3.55= :(

3.73= :)

4.10= :cool:

4.30= :eek:

4.56= :shitbrick

·
Banned from AFM member!
783 Posts
**Credit to DSGpony**

As for Gears: the sophisticated chart will show you what gears you might want based on reaction.

3.27= :facepalm:

3.55= :(

3.73= :)

4.10= :cool:

4.30= :eek:

4.56= :shitbrick
^^^ Genius!!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Sounds like you know your way around a Mustang. I 'm new to these modular engines and cars but I'm learning fast. Thanks for your informative thread

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Wow awesome write up! This should be stickied! reps
thanks! It was sticked but then the mods said that it had too many "opinions" so im working on fixing that and making it pure fact which is hard

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
Sub'd!

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Great! I'll continue to try and add to, correct, and define all info in this thread as I gain further knowledge or other point out mistakes. Hopefully this will be a place for people to "catch up" on the game of mods.

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Really helpful read as I move away for the 5.0 to the 4.6, but seems pretty common for just about all the 79-04 stangs. Great write up.
yeah, its pretty common for any fox chassis mustang... but some of it is specific to the 4.6

21 - 40 of 73 Posts