Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
UCC
250 Posts
Props DGS2vgt this thread is soooo legit bro how long did it take for you to search all this?

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Props DGS2vgt this thread is soooo legit bro how long did it take for you to search all this?
haha thanks, i'm pretty happy with it but i'm always adding and taking stuff out as i find fit for beginners.
I've been in the mustang scene and doing real research for probably 2 years. I started out like most asking silly questions on parts opinions and from searching/ seeing other posts/ getting replies/ and actually TRYING PARTS and paying for them this is the accumulation for all that time and effort.

It took several days to write the original w/o any extra input from other guys. Since its been created i've been molding it to become easier to read and more understandable by the average user.

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Awesome thread that could save someone some serious $$$, thank you for taking the time to do this man
That's the major plan. I haven't seen any other thread like it for any other car platform, let alone one of the most popular cars ever produced. It feel's good to make it and hopefully help people who are willing to do some searching around for info. I'll continue to clarify what I can and maybe add or subtract things beginners may need or not need to know right off the bat.

I plan on making a thread for those that have read and done all of the things mentioned in this. However it is taking much longer than expected.

Thanks for reading,

-- Logan

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is absolutely awesome! For new modders like myself, I think this makes the absolutely the most sense of any of the mod order posts that I have read!

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
This is absolutely awesome! For new modders like myself, I think this makes the absolutely the most sense of any of the mod order posts that I have read!
Thanks! Feel free to pass it on if you see anybody who might need this info

·
Registered
25 Posts
I will do that! And after reading this a few times I have figured out what order I am gonna do my mods in! Huh, imagine that, I actually have a plan! My wife will verify that that don't happen very often! ;)

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I will do that! And after reading this a few times I have figured out what order I am gonna do my mods in! Huh, imagine that, I actually have a plan! My wife will verify that that don't happen very often! ;)
Sounds great! Also it's always a plus when the wife is happy. Keep us updated when you start modding your car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Makes perfect sense a very good thread in my opinion. Im new to this site and that was helpful i do all my own work and currently building a 5.4 for the stang. Just dont know whether to go DOHC or stay 2V. Opinions????

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Makes perfect sense a very good thread in my opinion. Im new to this site and that was helpful i do all my own work and currently building a 5.4 for the stang. Just dont know whether to go DOHC or stay 2V. Opinions????
THANKS FOR READING. Personally I love 4v. With that being said 2v is cheaper for the parts, but more overall if you're going balls out for max horse power. I personally was in the process of hunting down a 1998-2002 Lincoln Nagivator 5.4 dohc to put a forged rotating assembly in and throw a turbo on it. However I wrecked my mustang before I got the expensive parts.

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
great write up wish I would have read this when I was 16! wouldn't have bought all those bolt ons :(
Awesome write up.
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the great info and guidance. I want to do so much it is hard to know where to start.

As stated in the last post of the thread, here's where i would start

RECOMMENDATIONS

After looking at what I have learned over the years I probably would have changed a few things I have done to my car or at least the order I did them. After looking for any repairs to make sure your car is running properly here what most 'experienced' modders recommend to the new people:

1) Hand held tuner
2) Rear Gears - fit to your ultimate goal
3) Full length subframe connectors (weld in)
4) Lower control arms
6) Short throw shifter
7) Exhaust (you can start with just a cat-back but the mid-pipe and headers make a large difference as well)
8) Performance tires, and possibly new rims to accommodate wider tiers

Those are modifications recommended to just about EVERYBODY for any application, that are farely easy to install, and WITHOUT wasting money in the future... beyond that you will want to customize your car to your specifications and ultimate goal.

Thank you for reading, if there's any questions or concerns please feel free to PM me.

- Logan

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thank you thank you thank you thank you, I can't express how helpful this guide was in helping me decide my first mods, two thumbs up!

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Thank you thank you thank you thank you, I can't express how helpful this guide was in helping me decide my first mods, two thumbs up!
I'm glad its been helpful, shoot me PM if you have questions

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
41 - 60 of 73 Posts