Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Losing Torque

U Lose Torque Because The Gas Are Being Scavenged To Fast Out Of The Engine, Engines Need A Little And I Stress Little Back Pressure , Its Like Putting To Bigg A Diameter On Ur Exhaust Pipes , Our Cars Are Designed For A 2.5" Pipe , If U Put On Axlebacks And A Tune ,cai, All Is Well , But If U Start Going Bigger Cams ,head Work The Pressure Is Going To Build And U Would Need To Go To A Bigger Exhaust Pipe Like 3" Or What Ever I Hope This Inlightened U As Much As It Did Me Ololololoolololoolol

·
Registered
991 Posts
ok well this thread was how to gutting cats and i didnt see one post about how to do it,

well if you really want to, take your cats out of the car and heat them up, i mean get them really hot, and then drop them into cold ass water, the materal inside will crack, and just hit it with a rubber hammer not to dent the **** out of them, and all the materal inside will fall out, there you go, and you have gutted cats

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
ok well this thread was how to gutting cats and i didnt see one post about how to do it,

well if you really want to, take your cats out of the car and heat them up, i mean get them really hot, and then drop them into cold ass water, the materal inside will crack, and just hit it with a rubber hammer not to dent the **** out of them, and all the materal inside will fall out, there you go, and you have gutted cats
No offense, but that ain't gonna happen with the cats we have. They are layered with stainless mesh. The way I did mine was I drove a pipe through with a 5# maul. I had to beat on it a while then dump some catalyst out then beat some more, then remove the stainless mesh, then beat on it a while then remove more mesh then...more of the same. It took me about an hour and a half to get it all out. I removed the stainless mesh with a long drill bit made for drilling through wall studs because the mesh gets driven way down in there and there is a lot of it. The drill bit was long enough to reach and the mesh would wrap around the bit where I could use a pair of pliers to pry it out once it was at the top of the pipe. Hope this helps, John.

·
Registered
991 Posts
No offense, but that ain't gonna happen with the cats we have. They are layered with stainless mesh. The way I did mine was I drove a pipe through with a 5# maul. I had to beat on it a while then dump some catalyst out then beat some more, then remove the stainless mesh, then beat on it a while then remove more mesh then...more of the same. It took me about an hour and a half to get it all out. I removed the stainless mesh with a long drill bit made for drilling through wall studs because the mesh gets driven way down in there and there is a lot of it. The drill bit was long enough to reach and the mesh would wrap around the bit where I could use a pair of pliers to pry it out once it was at the top of the pipe. Hope this helps, John.

yes ypu are right alot of cats have that mesh, not saying it is as easy as i made it sound, just saying that is would you kinda have to do, its not word for word that easy, it is a pain in the ass ill give you that. its really just earier to buy o/r x pipe:yes

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
hey john when are you going to give me that turbo kit?? i already told you if you dont like the way it made your car quieter, just let me have it........no problem huh?
Well....I'm going to add some headers and see how it sounds....It might bring the aggressive sound back....if not I'll get with you :eek:. :p :no

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
yes ypu are right alot of cats have that mesh, not saying it is as easy as i made it sound, just saying that is would you kinda have to do, its not word for word that easy, it is a pain in the ass ill give you that. its really just earier to buy o/r x pipe:yes

Yeah, I made the mistake of buying an o/r X pipe, only because I have the Pypes mid muffler system. With straight through mufflers they sound like azz! The o/r X does sound good with chambered muffs though, and they give you a few more horses than the o/r H. That's the reason why I gutted my stocker. I was already out the money on the o/r X and didn't want to wait on the H to be shipped. blk05stxjt bought my o/r X, and it looks like his combo is working pretty good! He's about to be on my bumper naturally aspirated (12.79). ;)

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
jeepers kreepers... n/a vs. f/i

·
Registered
135 Posts
U Lose Torque Because The Gas Are Being Scavenged To Fast Out Of The Engine, Engines Need A Little And I Stress Little Back Pressure , Its Like Putting To Bigg A Diameter On Ur Exhaust Pipes , Our Cars Are Designed For A 2.5" Pipe , If U Put On Axlebacks And A Tune ,cai, All Is Well , But If U Start Going Bigger Cams ,head Work The Pressure Is Going To Build And U Would Need To Go To A Bigger Exhaust Pipe Like 3" Or What Ever I Hope This Inlightened U As Much As It Did Me Ololololoolololoolol
I dont dispute the argument for back pressure but, the rest is flawed everywhere!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah, I made the mistake of buying an o/r X pipe, only because I have the Pypes mid muffler system. With straight through mufflers they sound like azz! The o/r X does sound good with chambered muffs though, and they give you a few more horses than the o/r H. That's the reason why I gutted my stocker. I was already out the money on the o/r X and didn't want to wait on the H to be shipped. blk05stxjt bought my o/r X, and it looks like his combo is working pretty good! He's about to be on my bumper naturally aspirated (12.79). ;)

Its easy to cut them out too and weld in stainless tubing. The X works better but does sound more Ferrari than muscle compared to a decatted/offroad H.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts