Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys i would really like to know if 1983-93 mustang tail lights will fit on my 1982 mustang (mexican) so its more of a capri wich has the same tail part as any mustang fox body, and if yall think its not possible what can i do to make them fit? i will leave yall with the best pic i could get of the back of my car.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I think they will, but you may have to change the housing to....get the 84-86 tail lights, there the same as the 93 cobra, they look great, thats what i have

·
Registered
84 Posts
1979-1993 mustangs are basically the same car ......as are the capri's of the same body style . most all the parts will interchange . you should not have a problem...

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
79-82 the sheet metal where the tail lights are....are a little different then 83-93, so some modifications will have to be made

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
79-82 the sheet metal where the tail lights are....are a little different then 83-93, so some modifications will have to be made
hmm ok im only 16 so i dont have much experience with this and im a newb with cars, what type of "modifications" will have to be done? and are they hard to do by myself?? or will i have to get somone to do it

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
did you read the link i posted, it tells you some of the modification

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
yeah i read it, i guess ill just have to see when i take the taillights off and im planning on ordering of a website called foxresto (is it good?)
ya, there good, but there's also Mustang Parts, Chevy Truck Parts & Dodge Challenger Parts at Latemodel Restoration Supply

My understanding is, that you cant just switch the lenses, that you need the housings to, but i could be wrong, so you may need to go to a junk yard to, unless the ones your buying come with them

·
Registered
718 Posts
my car is an 82 and the guy that put the aero body on it welded in a new tail panel also so i think it might be different

1 - 13 of 13 Posts