Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been getting alot of oil buildup on the oil fill cap breather (with only about 400 miles). i was wondering how much you guys get on that breather and how often you guys end up cleaning it. would it be alright to just put the oil fill cap back on or would i just end up getting oil all over the passenger side valve cover breather? i mean the pvc system only runs one hose to both valve covers, so what would be the difference in just running two breathers (one per side)?

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forum...arator-breather-pcv-filter-5.html#post2384881
I hope this link takes you to the right post. If not refer to post #89.

You can get away with running without the oil cap breather you just may get more oil out of the others. I just run a rag around the breathers whenever I'm under the hood. Actually I wipe down a bunch of **** everytime I'm under there. I do it without thinking, just out of habit. I ran the oil cap breather to help the oil spray issues that some run into with just the two breathers. I think it will be worse if you go back to a regular cap.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I haven't seen any oil comming out of the any of breathers on mine yet and I check once a week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts