Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy a couple along with some 15" race star wheels.

how many passes do you think i'll get out of them? how are they on the street? i don't have a trailer or anything so i'll be driving to the track. the track isn't too far (20 min). anyone know the tread wear rating? i mean, i know they're drag radials so it'll be a pretty shitty rating, i'm just looking for an idea of how much street driving i can do on them.

tell me all about your M/T ET street experiences

edit: ****, i forgot the most important question. how sticky are they? what are you launching at and what's your hp/tq level?

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also, LRS has a pretty sweet deal (2005-11 Mustang Race Star Wheel & Tire Kit - 15X10/3.75 by Race Star Industries at LRS - Same Day Shipping!).
however, i noticed they sell the 275/60-15 for the 15x10. my understanding is that the max recommended wheel width for 275/60-15 is 9.5". anybody running this size with 15x10s?

edit: it might also be helpful for you tire experts to know that i'll probably be running the FRPP CJ rear springs so i doubt there will be much drop, but i'm worried about weight-transfer squat if i'm running too big of a tire like 325/50.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I can't say how they will wear on the street, but I just did 15x10 racestars and 325/50/15 MT ET Street Radials (not the ET Streets which are bias ply) and they hook very well at the track and drive quite nicely on the street.

I really wouldn't recommend the bias ply ET Streets for on the street since they will act just like slicks and the car will be very wobbly.

I was able to launch my car at about 10psi of boost at 3250rpms off my 2-step picking the front tires up a little bit.

And here's a shot with a little wrinkle in them with 17psi of pressure in them.

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
i have the 315 60 15 on some 15x10 race stars. sticky enough to break my driveshaft. thought they hooked awsome though. did some pretty good burn outs and there is still alot left. the treadwear is 0. drove to the track on them. little more loose feeling but nice otherwise. good traction on the street.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i meant the street radials lol.

good info though.

so your ET street radials snapped your DS, slo? was that with your current power #'s? and what were you launching at?

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
517/430 4500 rpm launch. rear u-joint failed. think it was the driveshaft manufacturs fault though. talked to them and there building a new one for me with a rear cv for free

·
Registered
375 Posts
If/when I replace my 325's I'll probably switch to the 295 size for better fitment. The 325's stick out quite a bit even though they haven't rubbed yet.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
w/ cai & tune i was running a high 12.8_ very consistantly using et streets (not radials). had them on stock V6 wheels w/ 26x10 tires. i was launching at 5k, but that's of course with not much hp

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
is the mag out yet Pappy?
'

1 - 11 of 11 Posts