Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant find any kinda write up anywhere so any one with a quick simple write up or info would be appreciated :) i'm doing this this weekend. reps to you for any help :) do i just extend my existing + and - cable to where ever i'm putting the battery? (my trunk). my ground or - cable...can i just attach it to the trunk area some where?

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Attach the ground to not only the body on the trunk with a 4 gauge cable, but to the frame as well. The positive will need to go to your power distribution box under the hood (there is a 13mm lug on the side you can use) and connect the starter main wire to that lug as well. That should give the cleanest appearance for this, I think.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
I know I'm no help to the thread, but what is the purpose of battery relocation?

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm going through my entire engine bay to rid some of the over crowded **** in there, lol. next is cop conversion, and then i'm going to relocate the fuse box.

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
I know I'm no help to the thread, but what is the purpose of battery relocation?
It also redistributes weight to the rear which would help.. ever so slightly on your drag times.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Do you plan on running at the track? If so, it needs to be hooked up to a kill switch.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
I would make sure that anywhere the power wire goes through metal, you use a good grommet to keep it from shorting out. You could even get uber-fancy and install a 250 amp fuse at the battery for added protection.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lmao, performance, performance, performance....no man, i dont care what so ever about it helping track times, lol. it's just strictly an appearance thing.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would make sure that anywhere the power wire goes through metal, you use a good grommet to keep it from shorting out. You could even get uber-fancy and install a 250 amp fuse at the battery for added protection.
yea, i thought about that. i looked at some at advanced auto. none were small enough that they had. i'll find some somewhere though.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
If you cannot find any, go to a stereo shop. They will have what you need.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^aahhh, yes. that's where i'll go. plus i wanna get some good connectors and stuff. marc my man i def appreciate all your help dude. i may even do the fuse as well. also prolly at a stereo shop.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
lmao, performance, performance, performance....no man, i dont care what so ever about it helping track times, lol. it's just strictly an appearance thing.
Sorry not used to all show guys, I was just asking incase you ever felt like running it, they wont let you without the switch..thats all. Other than that its pretty much just extending the + cable, and running a new ground to the body, pretty simple. I used these type fuses for mine..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Qty-2-250-AMP-ANL-Fuse-QTY-1-Fuseholder-Distribution-INLINE-0-4-8-GA-/271101118391?pt=US_Car_Audio_Video_Fuses_Fuse_Holders&hash=item3f1ee2c7b7#ht_2231wt_1170

Reactions: tony96gt

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^thanks dude. yea, i'm just on a mission to get this fn engine bay cleaner in appearance. i'll check out that fuse. def. looks like a good one.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Here's mine...

200A fuses... with cutoff switch wired in too

... and a lil meth lol

ps - note that the OEM battery does not fit the battery relocate mounting kit... I stepped up to an Optima

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
The fuse at the battery is to protect the wire from the car.

Say you are invoved in a side impact accedent and that 4-2-0 gauge wire becomes cut and shorts to ground. Instant fire/explosion without a fuse. With one, the car is repairable.

That's what those big time fuses are for in a stereo. Not protecting the equiptment, but the car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts