Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So come June, I am heading to Carlisle, PA to the Ford Nationals show, and while I am there I am planning on getting a few things installed. One of the things I have been toying around with are Lowering Springs. The options are these:

Ford Racing Mustang K-Springs (05-11 GT) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

or these

Ford Racing Mustang P-Springs (05-12 GT) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

My question is, what are your experiences with them? Good, Bad? Ride quality? Any issues with scrapping on speed-bumps? Thanks in advance for your responses.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
I have the K springs on my '11 and I love the drop on these. The ride is a little too bouncy if you don't have aftermarket shocks and struts. So I would suggest getting some and install them at the same time as the springs.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I think the K springs have a way better stance, but you will need aftermarket shocks after a lil bit. But i like a lower car.

·
The Mustang Shop
445 Posts
I agree, the K springs make the car look better. They ride really good too.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
So come June, I am heading to Carlisle, PA to the Ford Nationals show, and while I am there I am planning on getting a few things installed. One of the things I have been toying around with are Lowering Springs. The options are these:

Ford Racing Mustang K-Springs (05-11 GT) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

or these

Ford Racing Mustang P-Springs (05-12 GT) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

My question is, what are your experiences with them? Good, Bad? Ride quality? Any issues with scrapping on speed-bumps? Thanks in advance for your responses.
See you there!! I haven't been to Carlisle in a few years so I'm super excited...

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
if cost up front is an issue for buying both springs and shocks/struts just know that it's quite easy to install any of these. if you are paying someone else to do it then of course you want to do it all at once. that said you will probably be wanting to get an adjustable panhard bar to center the rear

·
taylor21pierce snapchat
758 Posts
mine is lowered two inches and it looks great and rides just as good as stock.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just installed the 1" drop springs, If I had it to do over, I'd get the 1.5" drop.
My rear still sits too high.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I just lowered with the FRPP K Springs.. check it out

Reactions: Apexodus

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Man, I have the Eibach Pro-Kit springs. After I install my turbo I'm afraid my Cervinis bumper is REALLY going to rub... I should find someone to trade for a 1" drop...

·
Registered
318 Posts
If you decide to get rid of the k springs let me know, I would be interested in picking them up. I too am considering a coilover setup, but its really overkill for me so I havent for sure decided yet.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Many of my stang customers have used lowering springs for just a few months and ditched em.The ride quality isn't nearly as good as coilovers. ST Suspensions makes a good coilover that wouldn't be overkill for every day driving and would be good for your lead foot time to time.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
FR handling pack with K springs.
I'm thinking about switching over to the sportlines though.

Your car makes me seriously consider doing a spoiler delete...I've got the stock GT spoiler on now, black car with soon to be blue stripes, did your shelby come like that or did you do it yourself?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts