Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when not at WOT, just accelerating normally does it sound like an exhaust leak ticking? I've had this system for about a year and its driving me insane. I've checked over the system many times for leaks, couldn't find one. I've take it to the shop about 5 times and they couldn't find anything. Is it just the way this exhaust sounds on the 3v motors? I can only really hear it when I'm in the car driving. I let my buddy drive it around a parking lot and it sounded fine from outside the car. I don't really know any better way to describe the sound, but does anyone know what I'm talking about?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Mine does it too. I have the off road H with magnaflows. I was told it was the injectors ticking but I never noticed it until I got the off road pipe.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's some Videos, some are a little long but I just wanted to make sure I got a full spectrum of rpm's in. Can u guys hear what im talking about in the vids or am I just crazy? BTW opinions on the exhaust are welcome too, good or bad.

·
Born to be Wild
3,179 Posts
i dont hear it...its hard to tell on vids thou..road noise,mic interference...exhaust sounds good thou...

but it was funny when your girl called your ride a piece of ****...:lmao:lmao
I would of made her walk 2....

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have the O/R H and the violaters and I don't have that ticking...It could be a loose bolt somewhere or a pipe hitting something. Metal flexing perhaps?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about. I had an o/r h on with a jba axleback, and had what sounded like ticking. The h was welded and everything was tight. The only thing I could think of was that the jbas were chambered, and the ticking was due to too much exhaust flow hitting the baffles. Just an idea. Put my stock h on with slp loudmouths and couldn't be much happier with it.. Maybe a little louder though:D

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
motors especially motor that make power, make noises. just get in ferrari if you want to hear valvtrain noise..... its actually scary when you think about a 100k car ticking

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
my prochamber does it too. Sounds like there is a leak but nothing. No loose bolts either, I think it's just the air flowing through my prochamber and bouncing off the walls in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts