Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How far have they been pushed. I have always heard 900 rwhp is limit but was reading on manley website 700 fwhp is the rating.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
How far have they been pushed. I have always heard 900 rwhp is limit but was reading on manley website 700 fwhp is the rating.
Honestly im not sure Ive ran them for a very long time but never got much over 750RWHP. From what i have been hearing MOLNAR H beam rods have been pushed over 1500RWHP and can be had for under 700 for a set. apparently they have a design a little different from the normal H beam rod.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
It has to be around the 900rwhp that you were thinking. There are cobras making around 1000rwhp on the stock shortblock, which came with Manley rods, so 700 flywheel is severely underrated. I'm at 620 flywheel on stock rods, so forged h beams would have to be much higher. I have a cobra shortblock for the future and will be around 700rwhp through an auto.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I saw a guy on facebook a few days ago post up his 1200 hp setup that had manley h beams. Ive also had buddies make in the 1000-1150 hp range with them. Tuning plays a big role in how things will live. I plan on pushing mine much past the "rated" hp.

But yeah, molnar rods are the **** if you are buying new

1 - 4 of 4 Posts