Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as for the intake it was pretty straight forward and easy, I didn't like how it hugged the shock towers so much so I cut 1/4" inch off the rubber piece where it connects to the TB.

Then the harder part..The H pipe. Getting the front 02 sensors out are a bitch. It took quite a bit of contorting on the hands to get out. So come 9 o'clock Friday night I get it all off and start bolting up the mac piece and find out the angle of the front sensors is off by like a 1/4" inch so that put a stop to the night. Went to Carolina mustang in Cary and picked up the extentions and also decided to get a Hurst white 5 speed ball to go with my mgw =D. well with the 02 sensors extentions it took 25mins to finish. It sounds great a decent rumble at idle and it really screams at acceleration.

But with these mods no check engine light? how come?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
It took mine a couple days before the light came on. And the CEL will be catalyst effeciency. Glad to hear you got it all done.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, the angle of the 02 sensors on the mac x must be diffrent then the H, you said you didn't need 02 sensor extentions?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Nope, just uncliped them from their mounting points under the hood and that gave me the other foot or so I needed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
must be diffrent because I did unclip the driver side and it didn't give me anything. I did have to unclip the back ones from the tranny cross member because the angle was way to close to the pipe. I will get a sound clip tomorrow. oh and it is running a little lean but not by much at all brenspeed is shipping the tuner monday so it'll be here by wednesday or thursday that should clear it up if not i will probably get it dyno tuned

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
the 02 sensors are the only part of putting a midpipe on that sucks a little, mid pipes on these cars are incrediably easy to install, i think i had my old one off, ate and put the new one on in less then an hour and a half, incrediblly easy to install, the JLT sucked more

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
the 02 sensors are the only part of putting a midpipe on that sucks a little, mid pipes on these cars are incrediably easy to install, i think i had my old one off, ate and put the new one on in less then an hour and a half, incrediblly easy to install, the JLT sucked more

They are way too much of a pain for what you get out of those things. Thats why I can't stand JLT. Fitment sux, product sux, and they realy aren't that much cheaper.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my JLT fit fine the only reason i cut the 1/4" off the rubber elbow that hooks to the TB is I didn't like the fact that it was sitting on the shock towers

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
took my car 4 days for the cel to come on. and they run like **** like that too

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
My xcal came today, my cel came on monday night and was running quite crappy. it had a really rough idle between 800-1100 or so but now it is running like a champ again going to maybe do some data logging tomorrow and see what all comes out of it

and for anyone wondering about popping on down shift to slow the car down...none once so ever from 60 all the way down to 20ish

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
JLT intakes rock, there a pain to put on but they work amazing, there the best intakes for the stangs on the market and thats been proven numereous times

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
JLT intakes rock, there a pain to put on but they work amazing, there the best intakes for the stangs on the market and thats been proven numereous times
:bs Show me their numbers below peak, especialy torque on the 4v

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Being the best means more than putting down 1-3 hp more than the competition in fitment, power gain, quality, and customer service. At best JLT covers 1 of those. Sorry man I know you guys love em but I can't stand the JLT's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts