Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference in h pipes, brand to brand? Pypes, Pacesetter, JBA, Summit Racing, etc.? What affect do the different brands have on sound? I know the difference between a shorty and a regular (LTs vs shorty/stock headers), but I'm confused as to if there is any difference from brand to brand... I am looking for the deepest tone, already have Mac axle back. I know I want off road, just unsure which brand would be best.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Material and cost are about the only real differences, as far as sound one h pipe wont really differ from the next. I have a pypes h pipe and couldn't be happier with it

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Know anything about Boost Brothers headers and h pipe? Found a great deal (I think) on a used set... Skeptical, because I have never heard of them.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Read an old thread that said that they have to be dented in several places to fit. Think I will pass on them.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like the sound from a Prochamber (YouTube clips, never heard in person), but love the sound from a O/R h pipe. So deep!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Like the sound from a Prochamber (YouTube clips, never heard in person), but love the sound from a O/R h pipe. So deep!!
Prochamber is deeper I believe.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought it was H pipe>prochamber>x pipe as far as deepness. Read that on one of the forums.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Idk I just installed a prochamber on my buddies Bullitt and my o/r h is deeper and less raspy. Before his car I'd never heard a prochamber in person.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^That's what I've heard/read.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. Hadn't heard about Jegs having them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts