Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I have to have a compressor to put the front ones on?
i know the front is the hardest to do
and the back will be a walk in the park
& also do i need to get my car realigned after i put them on?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Do I have to have a compressor to put the front ones on?
i know the front is the hardest to do
and the back will be a walk in the park
& also do i need to get my car realigned after i put them on?
id get new shocks and struts and also caster camber plates for alignment

·
Registered
52 Posts
i dont think your alignment gets thrown off til after u drop it past 2" but i would get it done anyway, sumone correct me if i am wrong

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
its thrown off at about 1.5" so youll def need caster camber plates and its recommended that you get new shocks and struts too. mach1s are good also tokico blues are good

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
youll need camber bolts or plates to align correctly, and yes get a spring compressor and compress any spring before you take it out, and def get an alignment

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im getting them for a pretty good deal...
my friend has them, and they are pratically new, and hes selling his stang right now and took alot of things off he had on it.... he is selling them to me for $100 decent price ay? for pretty much new springs

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
just to add on to this thread...

can you adjust the alignment on the caster camber plates correctly yourself? or would you have to take it to an alignment tech.?

also is the installation hard? or do you just bolt them on and adjust them and your done?

·
Registered
300 Posts
just to add on to this thread...

can you adjust the alignment on the caster camber plates correctly yourself? or would you have to take it to an alignment tech.?

also is the installation hard? or do you just bolt them on and adjust them and your done?
Do it all at once, throw the plates on yourself, and then take it out to get aligned ASAP.. w/ any lower you go with

·
Registered
799 Posts
k, so put it all on and then take it to my local garage right? to have the professionals do it. not adjust it myself correct?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Exactly...they will get it right for you so theres no problem its well worth the money
+1

Most charge like 60bucks and they use a machine that actually calculates everything and makes sure the wheels all meet the right alignment

·
Registered
46 Posts
SUPERCHARGED421.....I have the H&R Supersports on my 03 GT, check out the pics. But to answer your question, no you dont need a compressor. Just make sure you get your car high enough where your A-Arm can swing down enough for the spring to come out. You will want to jack the car up in the middle of the K-Member right under the engine so you can do both sides at the same time, make sure to support the car under the doors with some jackstands, and put a floor jack right under the spring perch on the a-arm. Get all your bolts loose and lower the a-arm SLOWLY. You will be able to pull the spring out with your hands.
I used Tokico shocks....definately get new shocks....they are awesome, they ride a little rougher than stock, but it is a good racecar feel. You will also want to get a bumpsteer kit becuase you will encounter some bumpsteer with a 2 inch drop in the front. Once you install the bumpsteer you will have to get a professional alignment because you loose the stock setting in the tierod ends. The correct way your tierod ends will look is parallel to the ground when the car is completely off the jacks. If you take the spacers included in the bumpsteer kit, most shops will install the right amount of spacers when they do the alignment. Most shops charge around 75 for an alignment, but its well worth it. I spent about 4 hours trying to adjust my toe-in and toe-out and it just wasnt happening. Have fun and enjoy the way your ride looks afterwards...it completely sets the car off!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
i'm doing the same thing pretty soon. is it necessary to get camber caster plates, and the bumpsteer kit. or could i just get the inexpensive camber bolts and the bumpsteer kit and it would still be good. kuz i'm kinda on a budget.

thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
i'm doing the same thing pretty soon. is it necessary to get camber caster plates, and the bumpsteer kit. or could i just get the inexpensive camber bolts and the bumpsteer kit and it would still be good. kuz i'm kinda on a budget.

thanks
Yes, you will want to get the caster/camber plates as well as the bump steer kit. I understand you're on a budget and really want to mod your car, but a month or two down the road you will be kicking yourself for going at it to soon. When I put my H&R's on, I immediately put some MM caster/camber plates on and a week or so later put the bumpsteer kit on. You WILL want them.

Also want to look at shocks and struts, with H&R's every time you hit a pebble it feels as if you hit a speedbump at 45 mph.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts