Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering the H&R SS's this week. I'm just curious if I need to get camber plates along with them. I heard of some not needing them at all, and some have. Any information?

Thanks guys.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I would. Those springs are a pretty decent drop.

:2cents

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
It's also recommended you replace your shocks and struts at the same time. The stock ones aren't meant to stay that low.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Yep.^

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
How much do those H&R's quote to lower?

All things above (shocks/struts, CC plates) are good things to change/add when lowering. This enables the geometry to remain proportionate, and the steering to be able to aligned properly. New ball joints and a bumpsteer kit help as well, as some kits are made for lowered cars. You may or may not be too affected by bump steer, which is what the BS kit and complimentary ball joints are meant to correct. Depending on your goals for the car (drag, track, street) you'll want to look into adjustable shocks/struts (for racing apps.) and determine how much of the suspension you'll want/need to change. For pure street you'll be fine with the springs, mono shocks/struts and some CC plates (I suggest Maximum Motorsports here, as they are 4-bolt and hold up really well along with providing the adjustability to correct caster/camber issues).

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
My BBK lowering springs didnt require CC 's and the tires are wearing PERFECTLY! I have a pic over in that wheels thread.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I have H&R SS with ISOs in the rear and no ISOs up front. I don't have CC plates, and am sitting at -1.5 camber.... Over the last couple thousand miles, the tires seem to wear pretty even, Although I have been taking turns MUCH faster now than I used to, so I get more outside tire wear. Right now I am having issues with parts in my rear suspension, although I'm not entirely sure its because of the springs, and not replacing shocks/struts with it.

If you've got the means to do so, buy everything :) But you should be fine without. Pics in garage, if you're curious.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I have H&R SS with ISOs in the rear and no ISOs up front. I don't have CC plates, and am sitting at -1.5 camber.... Over the last couple thousand miles, the tires seem to wear pretty even, Although I have been taking turns MUCH faster now than I used to, so I get more outside tire wear. Right now I am having issues with parts in my rear suspension, although I'm not entirely sure its because of the springs, and not replacing shocks/struts with it.

If you've got the means to do so, buy everything :) But you should be fine without. Pics in garage, if you're curious.
:pics

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thanks bro I appreciate it!

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Nice! I'm debating if I want to go lower in the front a tad more...

·
Registered
828 Posts
Oh geez..... Lefty, I always try and stay modest, and not post pics of my car when not necessary... but since you pushed me ;)

:shiftyeyes

OMG! a GT-R mustang! you have rotaries and pistons in that too right?
:lmao sorry couldn't help it.

beautiful stance on ur stang

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
sinister. i love your stance so much. but im not taking my suspension out again. lol. looks so good though.
Thanks :) I think the license plate frame pisses people off sometimes.

OMG! a GT-R mustang! you have rotaries and pistons in that too right?
sorry couldn't help it.

beautiful stance on ur stang
Haha.... Only place I hear that from is on the forums.

Here ya go ;) GTR High Performance Mustangs

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
I have H&R SS springs, and I dont have CC plates. I havent gone for an alignment either. Gone 12,000 k and no unusual wear..

I left my ISO's in though, cant go any lower around here or I would bottom out on absolutely everything. My chin spoiler and midpipe take a beating as it is.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The SS springs are actually about a 2" drop in front. That is right on the border of needing the CC plates. A good alignment shop will be able to tell you if you need them. No 2 cars are the same, so no one can say for sure without taking it on a case by case basis. Also, remember, if you like cornering fast 1 degree of camber is not that rediculous. But 4 degrees is retarded.

Generally a set of camber bolts will do the trick. These springs are also on the stiffer side, your stock shocks will work, but I would look into upgrading in the future.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts