Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a small engine fire well sort of big but a guy were i pulled over at had a fire extinguisher. Lots of melted wired etc

Now my question is should i just repair the hoses or replace the engine? If I replace the engine then i would be replacing most hose anyway so to speak so I'm thinking I just get under the hood disconnect all bad parts and label them and replace them. Clean up the engine bay and I will come out cheaper then replacing the engine. The engine seems as though it may still be fine even though i did not start it because fuel was leaking

What are your thoughts?

·
SpamBOT
91 Posts
Had a small engine fire well sort of big but a guy were i pulled over at had a fire extinguisher. Lots of melted wired etc

Now my question is should i just repair the hoses or replace the engine? If I replace the engine then i would be replacing most hose anyway so to speak so I'm thinking I just get under the hood disconnect all bad parts and label them and replace them. Clean up the engine bay and I will come out cheaper then replacing the engine. The engine seems as though it may still be fine even though i did not start it because fuel was leaking

What are your thoughts?
whyd it catch fire first of all

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have no ideal but fireman thinks it was a fuel line got loose when I hit a bump. What should I do fix the melted wires?

·
Efficiency is Performance
1,214 Posts
Get a completely new harness.

But you have to find out where did the fuel lines start to leak.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts

·
SpamBOT
91 Posts
if its burnt up top i would replace your fuel system minus the pump to be safe. that would suck to put it back together and have another campfire

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
have you tried priming the pump to see if anything spurts out from the engine bay?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts