Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunatally it was in my Mustang

I was in line at a stop light, and there was some car in front of me, then a cavalier, and a chevy pickup up front. We all started accellerating normally, and through about 30mph the car in front of mr shot into the right lane, and as soon as it cleared my view in front of me, the Cavalier hit the pickup, and they were at a dead stop. I jumped on the brakes, but I just couldn't get it stopped

I hit the Cavalier going about 5mph, so it didn't hurt my car too badly, but I'm going to need a new hood, because it rolled the nose of mine down. It pushed the bumper back into the mount on the drivers side, and it has a dent poking outwards from where the inside of the bumper hit the mount, so I'll need a bumper as well.

The girl in the Cavalier, and I both got tickets as I expected we would. I wasn't really following all that close, but we were still bunced up from taking off from the stoplight, and I just couldn't get the non-anti locks, manual brakes to stop

Damn it I'm PISSED!

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
damn bro, had i saw that accident i probably would have ran over to your car and asked it if it was ok lol such a nice car too!

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I'm still pissed....

Has anybody used any aftermarket sheet metal? Specifically a hood? I know a lot of the reproduction stuff doesn't fit well, and I'd like to hear some experiences if anybody has them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i hear your pain i got broad sided in my mustang and almost cried. Look up Aldridge Motor sports in Portland and they can probably find you every thing you need.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've never bought a hood, but I've bought a valance, and it fits like a dream after a little nudging, cause they make them slightly oversized so that you can accommodate to your particular car. Worst thing that happens should be do a little sanding/grinding on the edges.

For the valance, I just had to bend it in a little to properly fit the fenders.

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
man so sorry to hear this hope your ok and your car is going to make a full recovery

fitted new pieces is a bitch :(

maybe just my car because the body is so far out of alignment

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
my friend dallas hit a deer last year and i used a fender ,hood,bumper,and grill from cjponyparts.com and they fit perfect.car is now painted and like new.hope this helps.

·
Anatidaephobic
2,370 Posts
that sucks bro im glad you didn't destroy it. i bought a hood however i ponied up the extra cash and bought and org. manufactured hood from 66.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that sucks bro im glad you didn't destroy it. i bought a hood however i ponied up the extra cash and bought and org. manufactured hood from 66.

If I can find one, I'd consider that, but the 69/70 hoods are hard to find for some reason.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have used aftermarket parts several times on customers cars the first thing to do is put the hood on and see how it lines up before you paint or prime it, if it dosen't fit take it back and get another one. Most places that sell them will do that for you. I even used one on a 428 cj with the shaker hood, cut the hole and it fit perfect.

·