Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just sanded down my 1992 gt mustang and brought it to the autobody guy to get it painted. when i was sanding it i noticed that there was fine visual cracks in the paint. couldn't feel them buy touch, could see them though, so the body guy said i would probally be able to see them through the new paint. i said apint it anyways because it needs new paint because it is super dull. so what does anyone think? will they show up?

·
Rebel Of The Sacred Heart
2,338 Posts
if the bodyshop didn't fix them, then yes, you will probably be able to see them

·
Rebel Of The Sacred Heart
2,338 Posts
just because you sanded them to where you couldn't "feel" them doesn't meen they're not there anymore, they were still there cause you said you could see them. one of the things about paint, is that it magnifies every little surface imperfection that is painted over. that's why one of the most important things in getting a good looking paint job is the prep work unerneath the paint.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i am now hoping that i will look okay. not looking for show quality. just something for my son to have fun with and hoping it something that you really have to look for and then only see any imperfections.

·
It's supposed to knock
484 Posts
How much will show depends a lot on the color being laid down. They may be invisible with white, they may stick out with black. They may not stick out at all. But eventually as that cracking coat keeps shrinking up they'll show. May take a long time though. There can be a lot of variables with paint work.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its being painted the same color black with 2 8" gun metal gray stripes. iam hoping it will better then what it was. sometimes it feels like nothing seems to work out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts