·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a good hand held tuner?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
If you plan on getting a dyno tune you should find out what kind of a tuner your tuner uses and then buy that one.

·
Registered
962 Posts
if you plan on tuning on your own, get a sniper and a good laptop...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a laptop

·
Registered
521 Posts
what are some advantages of using the sniper than just using a hand held im trying to see what i go with!

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
sniper, is more for the do it ur self tuners. I have heard great things about the sniper, but the SCT or Diablo is what i will go with. But 96 and 97 cars have to use a chip with diablo, so ill end up with SCT most likely.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an xcal 3 on the way. One of my friends has one for his 97GT and loves it.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
I have great deals on xcals. The sniper allows you to get a "custom" tune by answering a bunch of questions. Its a decent system, but IMO lacks a little in the "fine" tuning areas. Using their custom tuning software you can get the fine tuning done, but it costs more.

·
Registered
187 Posts
For dyno tuning cant you just reflash the stock chip using the shops Software? Do i really need one of these if i plan on keeping the same Tune?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Beings this is about tuners...a question arose! Using an SCT on a modded 96 with a Roush timing adjuster...what is the best setting for the adjuster as far as timing goes assuming the tune is set to the Performnace tune? Someone said to set the adjuster to 0 as if it was not there at all (stock). Any thoughts? :confused:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts