Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wut can i do to my car to make it handle better in the corners?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
You can redo your entire suspension by putting on some new shocks, struts, springs, and subframe connectors. It can be done at a decent price. Under $1000.

·
Registered
187 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Maximum Motorsports :: The Leader In Mustang Performance Suspension

they got everything you need for any application.
ill swear by them, she handles like shes on rails now.
Yeah, you can't go wrong with Maximum Motorsports, but there are all sorts of different setups, from just basic shocks/struts and springs to Race3 Bilsteins w/ coilovers all around, PHB, T/A, etc. All depends on the future goals and budget.

Like I said, though... Maximum Motorsports is a good place to start :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have tokico hp shocks/struts and eibach pro kit springs. Definitely alot better than stock :)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well lets just say for now my budget is dependent more on wut i want tog et rather than how much i have to spend because im not planning on doing anything on it right now rather in the future. im just trying to get a heads up on wut i will be doing and an estimate where it will cost me and all. I plan on having it be a street car that has quite a bit of horsepower but wont slip out from udner me if i decide to take a corner at....lets say 40 miles an hour.

·
Registered
187 Posts
subframe connectors(weld in), tubular k member, panhard bar, lower control arms, tokico shocks and struts, eibach springs(depends on hieght wanted), camber/caster plates and a bumpsteer and you should be good to go.
maximum motorsports has kits designed for anything. drag to street to road racing.

·
Registered
452 Posts
ok well lets just say for now my budget is dependent more on wut i want tog et rather than how much i have to spend because im not planning on doing anything on it right now rather in the future. im just trying to get a heads up on wut i will be doing and an estimate where it will cost me and all. I plan on having it be a street car that has quite a bit of horsepower but wont slip out from udner me if i decide to take a corner at....lets say 40 miles an hour.
Ultimately, it's really the same thing as making horsepower.

You can go as far as you want... it just costs money.

I mean, you can go mild with Eibach Pro-Kit and Tokico Blues, or you can go wild and go with a full coilover kit, tubular K-member, tubular A-arms, subframes, cage, panhard bar, torque arm... the list goes on. All depends how far you want to go and/or how much you want to spend.

·
Registered
217 Posts
how much do coilover conversions go for?

·
Registered
452 Posts
how much do coilover conversions go for?
Maximum Motorsports coilovers would run somewhere around ~$800 for the front and rear (total) on top of the cost of quality shocks and struts if you don't already have them.

The front kit is about ~$350, which includes your choice of spring rate.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The full set of Coil Overs with shocks is around $1400. Once you get that you probably won't really need anything else to have great handling. the problem is, Rear Coilovers ride very harsh. They actually change the wheel rate from having a 50% effect of the spring to a 110% effect. The Coilover is actually behind the axle with coilovers rather than half way up the arm like the springs are.

The 2 main flaws on our cars is this. The 2 subframes, front and rear are not connected. And the stupid 4 link design in the rear. Put on a Panhard bar and you are mostly set for the rear suspension on cornering. And the Subframe connectors stiffen up the car and make it move as 1, rather than 2 pieces glued together.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts