Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished rebuilding my 302, It starts up with some gas pedal pumping , which I never had to do before, but that's not to big a problem my real issue is that when it revs up the revs stay up for 5-10 seconds and slowly will fall down to idle... Any thoughts to fix this we have reset the tps to .98.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cannot find any vacuum leaks, tps is set at .98 and it still has a hanging idle it'll rev up and then when you let off it slowly drops down to idle. Cannot for the life of me figure this out.

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
Mine did the same after my build. It seemed to correct itself after about 20-30 miles

·
Exhaust fume addict
1,526 Posts
Try taking the tps voltage down to like .9 I read somewhere(now I can't find it) that sometimes a tps voltage above .95 will put it in the first fuel table or something like that.

·
get you some of that
12 Posts
From my experience once you start bolting on mods idle becomes an issue at least for me. I did a rebuild with a cam, worked 351 heads, intake, tb, maf...etc. I tried everything to fix the idle issue. There was only one thing that worked for me and that was a TUNE. The first tuner did not fix my idle problem so never think just because they can tune they know wtf they are doing...NOT. Thankfully I found one who is the Mack Daddy of tuners and he proved it in the dyno #'s. Heres the proof. First tuner 272rwhp 295ftlbs torque and still had idle issues. The masters tune 292rwhp 315ftlbs torque and no idle issues. Be aware that some tuners will swap your computers without you know unless you check. Mine went in with a a9l and came out with something else. Of course the first placed denied it but I know damn well thats what I had when I took it to them. I would mark it somehow and check it before you leave the shop. You hate to think some places stoop that low but they do. These eec are getting hard to find. If ou live in Virginia, Maryland of Upper parts of NC I can gladly hook you up with my guy. He is in Richmond. Good luck

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
I'm in New Jersey. Baltimore Maryland is about 2 hours away from me where is your tuner at and what does he charge??

I can ask about a tuner in jersey if you want... I know a lot of people who grudge race in jersey and they know good shops.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
I'm in New Jersey. Baltimore Maryland is about 2 hours away from me where is your tuner at and what does he charge??

If long Island is about the same ride for you, I can recommend someone better. Either the guy who tuned my car or somewhere near Queens which would be 30-45 minutes closer.

Sent from my galaxy s II

1 - 16 of 16 Posts