1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have a harborfreight pancake compressor for use at my apartment (the 3 gal compressor). it works pretty well.

have you considered a used compressor? you could probably find a pretty good deal on craigslist, I see a lot when I browse.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts

I have that same exact one sitting there in the corner. It's got good capacity but it does lack a little bit on the pressure side. If I were to do it again I would get one with at least 150 psi. I mean it works well for everything but the impact gun could use a little more pressure.

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For what it's worth, I went to Harbor Freight over the weekend and they had an opened box air compressor that was the 21 Gal one I was eyeing up and I was able to snag it for $100. Can't beat it for that price!

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Awesome. That is a great price. Now all you have to do is wait for the Earthquake XT impact gun to go on sale. That was my last purchase from harbor Freight

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice, How is the impact? I have a 20V dewalt that I use for pulling tires and stuff. I wasn't sure if I'd be better off getting a "brand name" impact.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Nice, How is the impact? I have a 20V dewalt that I use for pulling tires and stuff. I wasn't sure if I'd be better off getting a "brand name" impact.
I saw an article comparing the Earthquake XT with a Snap On one and it performed just as well and even exceeded the 4X more expensive one with their reverse torque. It was only by a few ftlbs. and it was an pretty even match up. I had a Kobalt one that wasn't doing very well so I was going to spend the $600 for a nice one but picked up the HF one for $100 on sale. maybe it was $110. Either way I've been happy with it. I'm not sure on the durability factor and logic would prevail that the Snap On one would last forever but as a weekend warrior I think I made the right choice.

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw an article comparing the Earthquake XT with a Snap On one and it performed just as well and even exceeded the 4X more expensive one with their reverse torque. It was only by a few ftlbs. and it was an pretty even match up. I had a Kobalt one that wasn't doing very well so I was going to spend the $600 for a nice one but picked up the HF one for $100 on sale. maybe it was $110. Either way I've been happy with it. I'm not sure on the durability factor and logic would prevail that the Snap On one would last forever but as a weekend warrior I think I made the right choice.
Good to know. Thanks man.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts