Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant exactly figure it out, ive even asked a few mechanics and they arent even sure. but braking is a pita. I cant ease on the brake pedal I have to use force, it screecthes constantly & loud when braking slowing down to 0-15 mph to a complete stop from any speed. any ideas?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
bleed your breaks man, or add fluid, or your calipers are bad. Im going with bleed your breaks.

and every mechanic who said they didnt know what it could be
1. smack them in the face with a fish
2. never go back to them

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and when goin down the highway or almost any where sometimes theres this squeking noise when goin straight but if you slightly jerk/turn the wheel barely it goes away but right when you turn it back straight it starts again. i gotta be goin about 50 or more mph. this is only every so often not an everyday issue.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
ok now Im thinking seized caliper

·
Registered
663 Posts
is the noise coming from the front or back??

ive noticed a lot of mustangs have bad paddenger side caliper i replaced both my rear ones but i know a few people and its usually the rear passenger one ...

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am pretty sure the noise is coming from the front brakes cuz dont the front brakes do most of the braking any ways?

·
Registered
549 Posts
depends if its just 1 side or both. and if the caliper(s) is compleatly seized or just beginning to seize so it just gets stuck occasionally. if it is a seized caliper couldnt you check the pads for abnormal wear and or excessive wear compared to the other side?

·
Registered
39 Posts
now are they grinding or squealing?theres a difference and what do you mean when you said you have to press hard the pedal.if you have to pressed very hard make sure the brake bostter is working properly

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
1. Brakes need bleeding
2. You have a seized caliper(s)
3. You have a bad proportioning valve
4. Your pads are toast, and are now chewing the **** out of your rotors because it's metal on metal.
5. Your power brake booster took a ****.
6. You possibly have more than one of the above problems combined.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
and when goin down the highway or almost any where sometimes theres this squeaking noise when goin straight but if you slightly jerk/turn the wheel barely it goes away but right when you turn it back straight it starts again. i gotta be goin about 50 or more mph. this is only every so often not an everyday issue.
hmm..

something is rubbing.

It may not be your brakes.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
hmm..

something is rubbing.

It may not be your brakes.
Also a good point and entirely possible. However I would think he still has a brake issue based on him having to lean on teh pedal, and on the noise that occurs under braking.

Possiblay two problems happening here.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I dont know if this will help u but I had same symptoms and my calipers were free so I just did rear pads and rotor. The key is get good ones. i had to chuck these really cheap rotors for good ones and wala the noise hasn't been heard since.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It is definitely not normal to have to shove your foot through the floor with a properly working power booster and master cylinder.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts