Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok got a 2003 mustang gt it has 51000 miles dont know if anyone has gave it a tune up have not had the car that long. but when u try to start it some times it takes alittle long to start i am thinking tune up, what do u think. around how many miles should u do a tune up,and what type of stuff works really good what kind of spark plugs wires .........

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Just plugs, have the injectors cleaned, new fuel filter. should have coil packs no wires needed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
why would i not need wires
They actually have a boot and not a wire look at the picture you can see what I mean and yes they do need to be replaced perodiocly.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Doesnt injector cleaner wear away the seals of the injectors, was always told to stay away from it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my bad sorry i have an 87 and 98 mustang gt and they have wire just got this car not to long ago. wow never saw that if anyone want to school me in that please go right ahead. so i need spark plugs,what u think is a good type and thats it really. oh and i saw on here u can put a cobra fuel filter on my car is that true and is it better. thanks everyone for your help.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
a fuel filter is just a filter.. it's no better.

and you don't need platnium plugs..
just use copper.

under high amounts of heat the platnium can melt.. you don't really want that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts