Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I'm having a hard time getting my "M18183C" Ford Racing GT500 style strut mounts that I ordered from latemodelrestoration.com to be able to install my KONI sport shocks in my '11 GT. The KONI shocks & Steeda sport springs from Stranoparts arrived almost the next week that I order them. But the parts that I ordered from lmr, constantly they change the date, because of backorder, since March 21, and now I received an e-mail that the ordered was deleted by them. At this time no parts and not refund from them. Is somebody else on the same situation?, Do you have a better supplier that does not take that long to get you this parts?. I'm very upset with this :banghead

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Guys I'm having a hard time getting my "M18183C" Ford Racing GT500 style strut mounts that I ordered from latemodelrestoration.com to be able to install my KONI sport shocks in my '11 GT. The KONI shocks & Steeda sport springs from Stranoparts arrived almost the next week that I order them. But the parts that I ordered from lmr, constantly they change the date, because of backorder, since March 21, and now I received an e-mail that the ordered was deleted by them. At this time no parts and not refund from them. Is somebody else on the same situation?, Do you have a better supplier that does not take that long to get you this parts?. I'm very upset with this :banghead
Sounds like you need to call them and see whats going on? I haven't heard of another option besides these so I would guess they are running out. Wouldn't blame LMR to much if they just can't get them. Better then leaving you in limbo forever!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you need to call them and see whats going on? I haven't heard of another option besides these so I would guess they are running out. Wouldn't blame LMR to much if they just can't get them. Better then leaving you in limbo forever!
I guess you are right Coyote, the only thing that I still don't like, is that why after waiting this long, they just deleted the order

·
Registered
199 Posts
Call strano back and get the Steeda HD mounts. GT500 mounts will be sold out for awhile

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Call strano back and get the Steeda HD mounts. GT500 mounts will be sold out for awhile
Hi Black37coupe. I used to drive a G35 coupe, nice car. Yes the Steeda HD option was a possibility, the only thing that keep me back from getting them, is that apparently you could not fit them directly on a '11, apparently they need to be modified using parts from the oem mounts that also you need to get.:dunno

·
Registered
577 Posts
You would think a vendor would see a golden opportunity to almost have the market cornered with little to no r&d?

·
Registered
13 Posts
After following these issues for 'awhile' i'm now considering lowering the rear only, and replacing those shocks and calling it a day!

Too many dependencies with front spring/strut/mount/camber bolts/etc. etc. changeouts....

Dh

·
Registered
491 Posts
You would think a vendor would see a golden opportunity to almost have the market cornered with little to no r&d?
Been wondering about that myself... Guess the moment they start getting any momentum, someone is bound to make a mold-copy of it and undersell them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I placed three orders with different companies before I got mine from BMR two weeks ago. Redoing my suspension has been a pain when it comes to finding parts. No one seems to have Koni's, springs, or mounts.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I placed three orders with different companies before I got mine from BMR two weeks ago. Redoing my suspension has been a pain when it comes to finding parts. No one seems to have Koni's, springs, or mounts.
Koni : Maximum Motorsports

Eibach Pro-Kit spring set, 2011+ Mustang hardtop [35125.140] : Maximum Motorsports

Mustang Caster Camber Plates, 2011+ [Mm5CC-6] : Maximum Motorsports

But I do absolutely agree with you, it's been a PITA trying to find the right vendor for my suspension insofar. More on that later than sooner, as fate would have it.

For what it's worth, I ordered my (MM) CC plates (the ones I linked) from CJ Pony Parts about a week and a half ago. Bounced off my door in my absence, resend is scheduled for the morrow. They fit 2011+ springs, and 2005+ struts which is a compatibility I'm likely going to use to it's fullest.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Unfortunately we have no control over how or when a vendor supplies us with parts. When an item is out of stock, we pass on the ETA provided to us from the supplier as it is available. Sometimes, the ETA gets bumped out due to unforeseen circumstances, much like the M-18183-C strut mounts. Speaking of which, FRPP bumped the ETA again to 06-01-11.

We do not charge a customer for product until it ships, but a pre-authorization is done at the time of the order. Pre-authorizations typically fall off after 3-5 business days.

I am very concerned about the fact that your order was deleted. We hold backorders until the customer cancels, the part arrives, or we find out it's N/A. Please PM me your info as I'd like to see why your order was deleted.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnddd....I'm incorrect on the length of time we hold backorders. New process; wasn't aware. :spank

Web orders that have a backorder part will be maintained for 30 days from the oder date. If a valid ETA cannot be established by the end of the 30 day period, the backorder will be canceled. The notification email you received did state why the order had been deleted, but please contact me so we can put this puppy to bed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My springs will be here in the morning. Would have been here Saturday but I was stuck at work and couldn't sign for them. (Fedex doesn't deliver on Monday, WTF?) I couldn't use the MM plates without replacing my stock lower mounts because the ball bearings inside busted out which is what started this whole process in the first place. I am really excited to get everything back together. I'll post pics and let everyone know how it drivers tomorrow night.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Your spring perch broke, huh? I really hate to think that's what everyone's been having problems with, as I was planning on reusing mine. You'd think vendors would be jumping all over opportunities like these...

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Good luck man. When I took mine apart, ball bearings went everywhere lol. Good thing I found them all.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Obviously, Ford just needs to lower these puppies an inch or so from the factory and eliminate all this extra crap. Try finding anyone who wants a muscle car with a 2.5 inch wheel gap (rear). I'll also probably just be lowering the rear of mine and calling it a day because of all these issue. (The rear can be lowered for $120 and like and hour of time to level the car out at least without having to add mounts and worry about an alignment, etc.)

·
Registered
664 Posts
Same here I had a few bearings pop out on one side when installing the Eibach pro-kit. I put it back together and said the hell with it. Once I get new shocks/struts ill replace them. So far its been 5 months and no problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow is all I can say. The ride with the Konis and Steedas is amazing. I couldn't even compare it to the stock handling, feels more like my father-in-laws BMW 550. My 2009 had a complete Steeda setup and it was nice but does not compare to this.

·
Registered
207 Posts
M-18183-C GT500 Strut Mounts hit the dock today, all backorders will ship out tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts