Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Sheep Dog
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive started to notice that after i really accelerate hard and run my car through the gears when i start slowin down my car vibrates and shakes ridiculously bad. Im wondering if its warped brake rotors, any ideas or similar experiences?

·
Registered
468 Posts
well does it do it when you dont hit the brakes and let the car decelerate on its own?

·
Registered
468 Posts
ive had similar issues with wheel bearings and ball joints in my pickup

·
Sheep Dog
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O yea its in the steering wheel too big time...but its bad enough it will shake the whole damn car

·
Sheep Dog
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its not the lug nuts and no its never under acceleration...its always when i start slowing down after having ran it pretty hard and its only gotten worse recently

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
well is it worse on when your on the brakes or decelerating and go get your rotors turned if it still happens it not brakes but getting your rotors turned will be cheaper than buying new ones and if they are too bad to be turned they will tell you first so its easier

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Could be hot spots on your rotors, or you could have warped rotors. Do you drive like a woman? they tend to have issues with brakes. At least all the women I know do. My mom and my sister are lucky if they get 20k on a set of rotors, they get about 10k on the pads. My girlfriend is fortunately getting better she got 30k her pads last time. I was very proud. LOL!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
ha ha...lol seriously the other night i was NOT racing a built rsx with cams in it...there was a civic in my lane, he saw me coming at like 130, he hits his brakes, i get over another lane to go around him he gets over in front of me i had to skirt off on the exit ramp to avoid rearending this kid

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
You need to upgrade your brakes bro. A car that can't stop is a lethal weapon. A Cobra R brake kit should do the trick, although there are better aftermarket alternatives if you have the money.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Well, I didn't say that you were. I just do alot of breaks I have 3 sisters and a mom and a girlfriend that are all nascar drivers. Yes they race from stoplight to stoplight and slam on the brakes. Nice, eh?

·
Sheep Dog
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so what you are getting at here is that you can change their brakes with a blindfold on by now?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts