Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so is there anything i can do about hard water? when i wash my car i have to keep the entire car wet the whole time im washing it and not let any water dry on the car or it leaves NASTY and i mean NASTY streaks, smears and spots. then dry the car with a chamois and then go over the whole car with a micro fiber cloth.

are there any soaps or tricks to make this process easier?

heres a lil eye candy lol freshly washed and waxed :)

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Look into water purificitaion for outdoor use. They have filters you can use.

Nasty has his own setup. I don't have that bad of water where I live so I don't really worry about it.

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you think i could just pick one of those up locally at a home depot or somewhere like that?

ive never had issues like this till i moved to odessa.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
It's a possibility. I'd go and check it out. I really don't have experience with it, but I would assume that Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. would have something like this.

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill have to take a look.... didnt even think of filtering the water for some reason lol.

thanks a lot man! reps

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
alot of people use a water softener/filter setup for outside. good idea for hard water. there's a write-up on here somewhere i believe on what all you'd need to buy.

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow.... those range anywhere from 300-450 bucks... i think im good lol

im gonna look into a filter at lowes

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
The filters at Lowes & Home Depot aren't going to fix your problem. The only options are a water softener for the home or the CR Spotless water filter systems. Gotta pay to play. The filters at Home Depot and Lowes are simple a solids filter. I built a set-up for my old house but that was only because I had well water.

I've got hard water at my new house, doesn't sound as bad as yours. I'll wash the wheels first without getting the car wet. I usually break the car into sections. I'll do the top half, than one side and the rear, than the other side and the front. After rinsing the just washed side I end up going back over the whole car rinsing it. Of course I'm using an electric pressure washer so it makes it a lot easier. Typically I still end up having to use a QD on it afterwards.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Well I live in El Paso man and I think your water comes from us man, its very hard water I suggest you always wash an hour before sunset, because by the time you get to drying the sun is almost down and water spotting is minimal.

Try one of the following to help you fight this

distilled white vinegar
CG water spot remover
CG petes 53 detailers have said its one of the best waxes to help fight water spotting.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
cheapest solution..is spend the $2.50 or so for 3gallons of Distilled water from the grocery store..and use that to pour over the car after you rinse it all off..that should take care of most of any water spotting.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Washing late is great, or wash at 0-dark-thirty if you can't wash late.

Try making sure you always keep a fresh coat of wax on the car.

Wash with a quality Wash & Wax (we have a new Carnauba Wash & Wax available at AutoZone and Advance), or try adding more soap and a strong aerating spray to produce bubbles.

Dry with a waffle weave microfiber (a chamois can strip wax as well as cause streaks and micro-marring).

Use a spray wax as a final step of drying to add a little more protection (our FX Spray Wax is available at O'Reilly, and Pep Boys and Wal Mart have our California Gold version).

For those tips, I need the phone number of the girl dancing in your avatar.:D

- Jim D.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts