Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey so I was looking for a new one since I broke mine and I found that the ford balancer looked diferent than mine (it has 3 gaps in it, mine is solid) does this mean I have a different pulley on there or is this a ford one too?
Also anyone know the best place to buy a harmonic balancer for my 98 2v

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
The stock ford harmonic balancer has the 3 gaps in it. The solid one could be an aftermarket racing balancer......... OR maybe the previous owner is an idiot like the previous owner of my car, and just put a piggyback style underdrive crankshaft pulley on and didnt put the stock one on it like they were supposed to. OORRRRRR its a one piece underdrive pulley like steeda's.

Just some guesses lol. A picture would help

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
^ Yeah but if he had to ask I would assume it isnt a steeda pulley :p

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
:lol When did you become a mod????

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Your local auto stores can probably get you one as well. I know Oreilly's, autozone, and advanced all list them all online

·
Registered
157 Posts
rockauto.com? never ordered anything from there myself but seems like a good source for replacement parts.
I also haven't ordered from them personally, but I have friends who swear by them for everything from oil filters to fuel pumps.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the help guys. I found some and still not sure what pulley is one. it looks like a one piece pulley but it is not steeda.

but heres a question. Could I throw a steeda one on there? or do i need to use all 3 steeda pieces at once?

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
You need all three. They work by upsizing the water pump and alternator pulley to reduce the crank pully. That way the crank pulley spins faster.

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
You don't have to use the Steeda water pump and alternator pulleys with the Steeda balancer. You just won't slow down the water pump and alternator (in relation to crank rpm) as much as you would with those pulleys installed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts