Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I already have a 2 year old little girl together and have been wanting to have another child for the past year. When we first got together we both talked about adopting at least one child and having one of our own. Well we wanna keep them both close together in age and if we plan to keep them no farther then about 3 years apart then something needs to happen soon. For some reason we can't seem to get pregnant as easily this time around and we have been trying for the last year without any luck. The adoption thing kind of dwindled away and hasn't been brought up in a while but it's something I really wanna do. I already have my little girl and I know theirs a bunch of abandoned babies in foster homes all over the U.S that would love to be apart of our family. The thing holding me back now is expenses. I hate to look at it as buying a new child but I know theirs adoption fees and other things that have to be paid when adopting a child so I was wondering if anyone with experience could give me a general idea of how much something like this costs? If we do proceed with the adoption it will be as close to a newborn as possible. I do know that we have to prove that we are fitting to be parents and i'm not worried about that one. Our finances,home and psychological health are all good. Thanks for any help.

And a picture of my little princess. This pic was taken when she was about 18 months old.

Most recent pic at a monster truck show last week.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
I havent adopted ( unless you include my two dogs ) but I was adopted. There is little to no charge for adopting from a foster home and infact there is a lot of state assistance to do this. If you went the route of a private adoption it could be between $7-10,000 for a simplier one and upwards to $30,000 for a more complicated one.

If your truly interested here is a number you can use to look further into this ( 1-888-200-4005 ). This is public service line for adoption and they can lead you in the right direction. Just make sure that your 100% on this before proceeding because it is a very large commitment and responsibility.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
There is little to no charge for adopting from a foster home and infact there is a lot of state assistance to do this.
+1. My gf's parents do foster care (they have something like 10 children, 3 of which are now living on their own). They don't have much money left over after all the costs of taking care of the kids but they've now adopted all of the foster kids they've had for the past 10 years or so. So knowing they don't have much money, I can't imagine it's all that expensive to adopt a foster child if they're managed to adopt 6 kids while paying for all of their expenses (they do a lot for their kids, I can't imagine dropping $2000 on a shopping trip for clothes when the new school year starts like they do), taking care of bills, and paying for my gf's dad's car hobby.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas. My wife suggested the foster parent thing to help make the process easier but I don't know if I can deal with that many kids at once. Her parents done this before and at times they had 6 foster kids living with them.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can adopt one from a foster home ( this is what I was referring to ) and not become a foster parent.
Sorry for the confusion. I knew what you meant,was just stating what my wife suggested. Im gonna do a lot of researching and try to visit some foster homes before making a decision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts