Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my ABS light comes on sometimes but when it does shortly after my TC light comes on. I'm sure if my ABS unit is going out. I know I could slam on the breaks but I don't want flat spots on my new tires. And why the eff is it causing the TC to turn off??

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so my ABS light comes on sometimes but when it does shortly after my TC light comes on. I'm sure if my ABS unit is going out. I know I could slam on the breaks but I don't want flat spots on my new tires. And why the eff is it causing the TC to turn off??

·
Registered
492 Posts
check all abs wheel sensors and connectors. if one of the abs sensors are bad it will shut the rest of the system off as well as the traction control.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
if your front and back tires have a different diameter that will mess with your traction control. When I would drive around with my rear tires sitting real low, my tc light would come one and stay on.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I run 265/35/18s and 285/40/18s
The offset from 35s to 40s made my abs light come on.
I can't tell you about the TCS because I don't have it.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
maybe it was my abs light and not my tcs light, I was pretty sure it was my tcs light but that was a while back.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
im having a similiar problems, just recently when im coming to a stop pressing my breakes turns on my parking break light then i let off breaks and it turns off

·
Registered
16 Posts
im having a similiar problems, just recently when im coming to a stop pressing my breakes turns on my parking break light then i let off breaks and it turns off
Check your brake fluid level. The ABS light may even trip if your fluid is too low.
I have the same issue, except for my ABS light comes on and off periodically while driving. A sensor is probably going bad from being abused in the ice and snow around here lately.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sounds like fluid levels, happens if it gets to low and sloshes around. In the tiny space the reservoir has.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
thanx guys i did notice that the level was low i will fill her up and if it fixes problems reps to 213374u and Mroman27

·
Registered
760 Posts
I just started having the same problem with my car, most of the time when I hit the brakes the brake light will come on then go right back off. I guess I need to check the fluid level maybe that will be the problem.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
hey guess ive given u reps and i cant give u some more haha, either way thanx.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts