Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
my buddy had it on his 94... i personally didnt like it but him and some other people really did. guess its just personal opinion.. on the bassani site they should have sound clips of their different cat backs on different cars, i know flowmaster does that

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
my car is awesome at under 3k rpms but gets ricey loud at WOT. i want flowmaster mufflers- my brother has them and they are kind of hollow sounding. the main reason i didnt want flows is b/c everyone has them.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I had "Full Boar" mufflers put on my Bro in laws 01 6er for him and he likes it. even at WOT it still has a good sound. You can tell that its a 6 but its not ricey to me at all. At low RPM cruising, it resonates in the cab and is pretty throaty. All I had done was cut off the factory mufflers and ad the new ones the bring out 2 1/2 inch pipe and dump in front of the rear end. Next time I see him I'll try to get a sound clip.

*edit* Oh yeah, as for the X pipe, that part was left factory.

·
My Stallion is Bigger!
3,009 Posts
I apologize... My info was slightly askew. The RPM cam swap is only for the 99+ so therefore would not work on your 98.(sorry) You would probably have to go with the comp cam(better choice anyways).

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
slo2go said:
When ya put on the exhaust get a really throaty cam and you will have a V8 sounding sixer all day. www.rpm-mustangs.com has a REALLY good cam that makes the little 3.8 lope like a cammed 5.0. Comp also has a really good one. They sell the comp cam on www.supersixmotorsports.com
The sound video for the one I installed in Soon's car is now in the video section. If I'm not mistaken, it has either a Bassani or a Magnaflow on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bassani is notorious for being deep and having a "exotic" sound to it. This is based on claims from people whom have had it on their car. They all say the same thing. Not the typical wannabe V8 sound down low/raspy up top but a throaty sound like MagnaPaks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I bought an exhaust system from Bassanni and honestly it is the biggest waste of money I have spent on my baby. It is not a true dual system and I am having back pressure problems with it when at WOT. It will cause my vehicle to bog and it has costed me many races. I had my engine rebuilt and when taking it home to put this xhaust system on it the throttle response was amazing. When the new system went on I now have a delay. I've checked the connections and even had the system welded together to make sure there were no exhaust leaks. This system is going in the trash when I get my new set-up on. I wouldn't even think about selling this to any other mustang owner.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
jdaplaya8 said:
wat type of exhaust should i get for my v6 2003 black mustang????????
flowmaster 40's i suggest, if you want sound go that route. if you want a lil hp(and i mean a very lil more hp) choose magnoflow. everyone says flows sound better though, thats what i got and i couldnt be happier.
as far ass bassiani or w/e. sounds like ****... maybe its good but ppl on this site dont like it.

what about borla? ive only heard it on a Vette and it sounds SICK! but i wana hear it on a stang...if they make one of it, which i think they do

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
of course they kame borlas for the Mustang...they sound good on a Vette because thats what a Vettes sounds good with....Borla to a Vette is like Flowmasters to a Mustang......Ive heard Borlas on a Cobra and still thinking Flowmasters are better...then Magnaflows...Bassani and Borla on a Six isnt to good....everyone has Flows because it sounds good...I like to be different but Flows was the only way to go...I just so happend to have a X pipe...and soon a SC and a Comp Cam...I do want longtubes which I probably will do with a short mid Xpipe

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I bought an exhaust system from Bassanni and honestly it is the biggest waste of money I have spent on my baby. It is not a true dual system and I am having back pressure problems with it when at WOT. It will cause my vehicle to bog and it has costed me many races. I had my engine rebuilt and when taking it home to put this xhaust system on it the throttle response was amazing. When the new system went on I now have a delay. I've checked the connections and even had the system welded together to make sure there were no exhaust leaks. This system is going in the trash when I get my new set-up on. I wouldn't even think about selling this to any other mustang owner.
dude that sucks was the piping just to big or anything? i would assume with a couple more mods you could eliminate the back pressure though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm not sure if the piping is too big or not. It stated on the site that this system was for a 99 v6 mustang through a 2000. So I don't know what the problem is. I've asked mechanics about what might be the problem. I should check the pipe sizing. Everyone says that a v6 should not be having any back pressure problems. So that whole system with shipping cost close to 900. Yeah I know what a waste of money, I now have mac LT headers, mac o/r h, and I'm working on saving for some spintech side exhaust.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
for a black mustang huh??

well i think that only stock mufflers work for a black one sorry

... jk

i really think that edlebrocks will sound good... thats what ima try...

let me take a look at somethin really quick and ill talk at you ina second

summitracing has almost any muffler for about $120 or less... anything you can imagine they have... check their for prices on things

1 - 20 of 24 Posts